Any over 100lbs to lose people out there?

pepelapew

I have over 100lbs to lose and I know it is going to be a tough road. I am ready for the challenge, ya see my son gave me a early birthday gift (10-25) He told me he wanted to see me healthy. He knew I have been stuggling with this extra weight for a long time (8yrs) and althought I am no a lazy person, I just don't stay motivated for a long period of time. Oh yes I have tried so many diets only to lose and gain, and gain somemore. I have been chunky since I was a child but never obese like now. I am very proud to say that he gave me a membership to his gym. "Work Out World" for the past 3 weeks has been a blessing to me. I am now down 12 lbs and about 8 inches from various places. I feel great! more energy than ever. I also watch what I eat. I make sure I have 3 milks a day, 6 breads, 3 fruits, 3 veggies, and plenty of water. I do not do the gym on Sundays that is my day of rest. I alternate my workouts, but start everyday with a 30-35 minute walk on the treadmill, and everyother day I do the weight machines for 30 minutes. Everyday I do crunches. I started out with 25, now I am doing 100. I have already purchased my formal for our first cruise this october but maybe by then I will have to have them taken in..........Good luck to all trying to lose even if it's only 10lbs that can be just as difficult as losing 100.

Congratulations on your loss so far! You have a great attitude and I'm sure you'll continue on this path to healthy life.

My original goal was to lose 100 pounds. After low carbing for almost two years I'm half way to my goal and feel better than ever.

Keep up the good work!

My 17 year old daughter has a little over 100 pounds to lose. She has always been on the heavy side but a few years ago she had emergency brain surgery and was forbidden by her doctors to do anything. The ONLY thing she was allowed to do was go from the house to the car and walk around in the house for the first year after her surgery. Now my miracle child is fighting another battle for her life, this one is a little but different. I must say though she is trying. She started out her new way of eating weighing 262 pounds. She weighed in this morning at 248. She is only 5 feet tall so her weight REALLY shows on her. I am working with her, supporting her, and reminding her in her journey and so far she is doing great. She gets discouraged at times but I tell her that if she takes it off slowly, watches what she eats, and exercises the weight WILL come off and STAY OFF. Unfortunately for her, her fight is a little more difficult because she is still restricted from aerobics and anything that will jar her brain. I know that still leaves alot of choices but her favorite ( roller blading) is out. She is working with Pilates, a home gym, and Denis Autin's Shrink Your Female Fat Zones

Good luck to you in your journey and you have some to the right place for encouragement and reinforcments.

Hi Pepe! (my favorite cartoon BTW :D )

I started out with almost 100 to lose last January. Did really well over the winter and spring with low carb and exercise and lost 32 pounds. Since our cruise in May I've been losing and regaining the same :mad: :eek: :mad: 5 pounds for almost 3 months now! Grrr! I'm now losing again and working my way down to the 140-150 range. I'm 5'6" and nearly 40 so I'll just be thrilled with a size 8.

It definitely can be done. I lost 100 pounds in 2000-2001, and have kept just about all of it off since then. It is definitely worth all the hard work! Life after cannot be compared to life before -- it's like being reborn.

I've got about 160 pounds to lose. You sound like you're doing GREAT! I haven't been up to much exercising other than walking. I'm looking forward to feeling more energetic so I will feel up to more exercise. Keep up the good work!

I've got about 160 pounds to lose. You sound like you're doing GREAT! I haven't been up to much exercising other than walking. I'm looking forward to feeling more energetic so I will feel up to more exercise. Keep up the good work!

JennyT- I can so relate to that feeling. I got to the point where I could hardly stay awake during the day and I needed at least 10 hours of sleep at night. I was afraid to drive sometimes. It was so hard to even work up the oomph to get exercising but I did alot of yoga and walking at first. I have lost about 30 pounds and feel so much more alert now. I still have low energy days if the weather is bad because I get sinus headaches but it's not every day now.

Walking is great exercise, even if you just do laps around the inside of your house. I've had to resort to that a few times lately because the weather was bad (or the mosquitos. I don't have time for West Nile Virus ;) ) I like to swim or do water aerobis in our pool too. I know that being in a bathing suit isn't for everyone but I'm of the opinion that if people don't want to see my fat rolls they shouldn't drive down my road! :D

My mind still sees me as 20 and a size 3. Then I see the mirror and get horrified. I dont' want to be a size 3 again because then I was just recovering from crohn's surgery, but an 8 would be WONDERFUL! I already went from a 24 to a 16 so does that make me half way there? :rolleyes:

Tami

Wow Tami that is great congratulations on such a huge weight loss. How long did this take you? How is your eating habits now compared to before when you first started?

JennyT keep up the good work. Walking is great for the whole body. I purchased some walking tapes for in the house and used them sparingly but they are great. I was to lazy to put them in the vcr and start to do them. Let's keep in touch and stay motiveated and before you know it we will be lean and trim........Good luck all as we take each day at a time.

It took me from January to the end of April to lose the 30 pounds, but then we went on vacation and summer has kept me losing the same 5 pounds over and over. Grrr!

I originally started on atkins and kind of blended into Southbeach though honestly there's not that much difference between the two if you read the books. The media likes to pick up on Atkins allowing steak and bacon but that's just what plays well in a headline.

I do eat much better now that I've started this. There's always fresh fruit in the house and I don't eat poptarts anymore. I even discovered over vacation that I don't like donuts anymore. :eek: Right now I'm over the top sick of eggs so I've been eating Fiber 1 cereal, a peach, splenda and soy milk for breakfast for the last couple of weeks.

I decided since I'm stuck anyway that it's time to change up my WOE again so I joined that fitday.com that someone posted and have been keeping track of how much is going in and out calorie wise. We'll see if that makes the scale move below 204. Yesterday wasn't a good day to start though. Mom and I went to an "evening of pampering" fundraiser and they had a chocolate fountain. I didn't eat too much of that but I was STARVED when I got home and ate some of the paneer masala I had leftover from earlier in the week. That was at 9:30! Ugh At least I didn't gain any.

Archived