Parking in Galveston Review

em_in_murphy

Just got back from Splendour and thought I'd post my thoughts on EZ Cruise Parking. We parked here based on what I read here on the board; however, my experience was not as great! The shuttles came few and far in between. Finally when it arrived, two came one behind the other. It took my husband over 40 minutes to return back to the terminal. It turned out that the lot was full (hubby said it was a small lot) and he had to follow their shuttle to another, farther away (even smaller) lot to park the car. While waiting for hubby to return to terminal, we saw a lot of shuttles for Port of Galveston (which is right across the street from the terminal) and Lighthouse.

On our return, it took about 20 minutes to get on a shuttle to go get the car. The reason it took so long was because there was a huge crowd waiting for EZ and passengers were going as a whole family and taking all their luggages with them on the shuttle. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem but all their shuttles were small and once a couple of families and their luggages were loaded, the bus was full. On average, I'd say 10 minutes between shuttles. Hubby finally got on a shuttle because he told them he was without luggage and would be willing to stand.

Next time, for a few more bucks, I will park at Port of Galveston. You can practically walk to it faster than waiting for the EZ shuttle to show up. And they have plenty of shuttles; practically one every couple of minutes. Lighthouse had an abundance of shuttles coming and going as well but I don't know their location.

Hope this helps.

Em

Lighthouse had an abundance of shuttles coming and going as well but I don't know their location.

We did Lighthouse our last cruise and we really, really liked it. Easy to get to, great personnel. I liked that it was elevated for protection against flooding.

From Harborside Dr turn on 29th, it's like a block over, you can't miss it. It's directly across from Splendour (tho you still have to drive a couple blocks further to the terminal entrance). When I was there, they had signs on the corner of Harborside & 29th advertising the location.

Archived