Warning re Trans-Ocean Photos on Dawn

kenteecruisin

We are just off the Dawn 3/1 sailing. While aboard we did the St. Marten Regatta Cup Race - an amazing experience had by all. While on the race I used a disposable camera and brought it back to the ship to be developed. I gave it in Fri in the afternoon & was told I could pick up my photographs Sat at 8:30.

At 8:30 I promptly went to pick up my pictures & was told they weren't up yet but they were on their way "freshly baked". I waited 20 minutes - no pictures so we walked around & returned.

Upon my return I was told they had bad news for me. I was told that the film from my camera was not compatible with their machine & therefore they could not develop it. He asked me where I purchased my camera as if to insinuate that it was foreign or something and I told him it was purchased in New York. I was told that the good part was the negative - "the impropery developed roll of film" was not damaged.

Hah - I just came from a photo store in Manhattan & the woman took one look at the negative roll and told me that she doubted they would be able to recover any of my photographs. She told me that it was improperly developed.

Needless to say, thanks to Trans-Ocean Photos - we have no photographic memories of our yacht race which our team won.:mad:

Archived