Had a great time on the AOS 3/4-3/11

I am sure some of my fellow cruise mates will have a longer review (CKRobyn) but for those who can't wait we had a great time on the Adventure . The weather was 85-90 the whole time not a drop of rain and hardly any clouds. My tan really sticks out back here in Vermont!

We were in aft cabin 1688 and really enjoyed that location. The staff and condition of the ship was excellent.

We did the Mi Dushi in Aruba, TreeTop Adventure in St. Marteen and Snuba in St. Thomas which were all excellent.

So for those who can't wait for the bigger review and have any questions feel free to ask.

I am sure some of my fellow cruise mates will have a longer review (CKRobyn) but for those who can't wait we had a great time on the Adventure . The weather was 85-90 the whole time not a drop of rain and hardly any clouds. My tan really sticks out back here in Vermont!

We were in aft cabin 1688 and really enjoyed that location. The staff and condition of the ship was excellent.

We did the Mi Dushi in Aruba, TreeTop Adventure in St. Marteen and Snuba in St. Thomas which were all excellent.

So for those who can't wait for the bigger review and have any questions feel free to ask.

I am bad at writing a long review also...The weather could not be beat...Sunny every day. in Aruba we did the See & See. It was ok, but Aruba did not do to much for us. In Curacao we did the Sea Lion swim which was AWESOME...I highly recommend it. St. Martin we just went to the beach and shopping and it was a very nice relaxing day. St. Thomas we did the underwater scotter things. They were a lot of fun, but if you have ear problems it might not be for you. any other questions feel free to ask. Sorry Kent, I hijacked your thread :D

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed the Sea Lion Swim. I am doing it in May and cant wait!! Is there a nice beach at the Aquarium? My parents arent doing the swim, and want to go hang out while I do it. Thanks!!

Can you tell me which Mi Dushi sail you did (the full-day or the afternoon happy hour)? Did you think it was worth it?

Sea lion swim--did you book through the ship or directly through the aquarium? Was the beach near the aquarium nice?

Thanks!

I downloaded a compass newsletter from 2006 and I noticed that the "drink of the day" cost $8.95! Does it still cost that much and if so, is it because you get the souvenir glass? Can't you just purchase the beverage in a regular cup that they sell all the other drinks?

The Mi dushi was great and worth every penny! Top of the list for us! The taxi with tip was under $20 bucks (they charge per trip not passenger).

We did the morning sail 9:30-1:30ish. We were the only RCCL on board the rest was from hotels (40 people or so). Looked a little less crowded than Jolly Pirates but their boat was bigger. The crew was great and you could tell they really enjoyed their jobs. The snorkeling was so-so. Aruba does not have the best snorkeling. The rope swing was a blast. Just being on the sea in a old Sailing vessel was cool.

The only thing I could think of is to bring plenty of sunscreen and some towels. They have plenty of drinks but I wouldn't call it a booze cruise.

Since both of you live in cold weather it is the perfect way to start your first excursion!

Did you do the Snuba tour through RCI? If so whuch beach did you go to? How long did it take to get there? Did you have to return to the ship with the group? We were hoping to grab a cab and do some sightseeing.

Thank you for the help. We will be on the AOS 4-29-07 and can't wait.

Did you do the Snuba tour through RCI? If so whuch beach did you go to? How long did it take to get there? Did you have to return to the ship with the group? We were hoping to grab a cab and do some sightseeing.

Thank you for the help. We will be on the AOS 4-29-07 and can't wait.

We did the snuba through VISNUBA at coral world at Coki beach (think that's right LOL). It was about a 30 min ride. The taxi's are coverted pickup trucks that have seats in the back (with a canopy first time I have ever seen that) and they made stops along the way to other places.

Frank said he only does one tour on Saturday so book early. He was fantastic. My girlfriend had never even snorkeled before and was VERY nervous and she did great. He made sure everyone knew what they were doing and turned his head every 20 seconds to make sure everyone was ok. We stayed at the beach for another 2 hours or so . The beach itself was just ok. There was always Taxi's waiting for people so finding one shouldn't be a problem.

Can you tell me which Mi Dushi sail you did (the full-day or the afternoon happy hour)? Did you think it was worth it?

Sea lion swim--did you book through the ship or directly through the aquarium? Was the beach near the aquarium nice?

Thanks!

Jimbug, we had no choice but to book through the ship. The seaquarium has some sort of contract with RCCL and no one can book a tour there while one of their ships is in port. We did not go to the beach there, but the swim was great. The groups were REALLY small. 5 people with the sea lions at a time. I highly recommend it.

We went to the aquarium expecting to be able to go to the beach afterwards.....we found out when we got there that there is NO beach access associated with the aquarium, even though their website implies beach use being included in the admission price. There is a resort across the road, but aquarium guests are not allowed on that beach. There is a beach nearby (not walking distance) that I was told was very good......I cannot remember the name, though (isn't THAT helpful!!??)

Archived