Countdown clocks

Try the countdown clock that is in the menu at the top of the page. When it says to copy and paste, place your cursor on the line that it says to copy. It should highlight the whole line (turn it blue or a darker color than the regular type). Use the right mouse button and choose copy.

Go to Usercp, edit signature, and paste by clicking on the right mouse button and choose paste. Choose save and you should have a countdown clock in your signature.

Hope this helps.

Rena

Copy and paste are standard terms when using a computer.

You evidently figured out how to get to the countdown clock and create one for yourself. In the box with the HTML code, that's the code that looks like [image], select all of the typing and right click on it. Then select copy. Then go into your profile, find your signature, right click where you would input your signature and select paste. It should put the HTML code that was generated for your countdown clock there and you should be good to go.

Hope that helps.

I get stuck where you're supposed to copy..... if I highlight all that text in the box and then right click on my mouse the only choices are paste- delete- or select all- the 'copy' is faint and cannot be clicked on...

Sometimes the "copy" does NOT show up when you right click for reasons unknown to me. :confused: On some websites that happens. If you DID indeed select something and cannot find a COPY option, just hit CTRL-C, and that will copy whatever is highlighted automatically. Then you can paste whereever you need it. :)

Arrgh- how am I supposed to know what copy and paste are?

Plain English please...... is there a Countdown clock for dummies page?:confused:

I am also a computer Dummy so I wrote directions. Just follow these and you should not have a problem. :D

icon1.gifClock in your Signature Directions

3 Different Countdown Clocks update

And, Where to find out how to paste the clock in your signature box.

Here are three of the Countdown Clocks if you want to change them. Here are the sites for some of the clocks. Follow their directions.

http://www.*****/cd/vc/

With this one it will say create countdown. Copy and paste it into your signature box.

http://www.echlforums.com/clock.htm

With this one I use the BB code, not the HTML code. Paste it into your signature box..

http://www.tickerfactory.com Scroll down to the word EVENT (last one down on the list on the right) Click on that to start. When done, copy the bb code and paste it into your signature box..

Once you have a clock picked out and have copied the code.

To get to your signature box, go to the top of the page where it says "Cruise Critic Message Boards.

Right under that you will see USER CP on the left

Click on that. When it opens click on EDIT SIGNATURE.

Paste your clock in the box. Click on PREVIEW POST. If it looks right, click on SAVE SIGNATURE.

EDIT: Go here to test your clocks.http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=225

Sometimes the "copy" does NOT show up when you right click for reasons unknown to me. :confused: On some websites that happens. If you DID indeed select something and cannot find a COPY option, just hit CTRL-C, and that will copy whatever is highlighted automatically. Then you can paste whereever you need it. :)

OR....you can highlight what you want to copy, then go to the very top of the screen to the top tool bar that says something like:

File Edit View Go Bookmarks Tools Blahblah

and hit Edit

there should be a "copy" there. If it is not a hot link, then hit "select all" and then go back and hit copy.

Archived