Just off Constellation March 2-12

JanineM

Great cruise, great fun, great company!! No long reviews from me this time - the Connie is still the best ship afloat, and will only be better after the dry dock!! We also brought some bottles of wine on board with us for the room, but we did see the crew taking liquor including wine bottles away from customers at the ports, so we didn't get any more on the way - oh well. We did find the wine list at the restaurants much improved from our last time, and we got good wine service this time (which hasn't always been the case in the past). The one thing I do miss from Regent and Silversea is the all inclusiveness since we do drink wine and have cocktails and this was by far our biggest bar tab on any cruise (and not necessarily because we drank any more - the prices have gone up quite a lot). Still, Celebrity is darn good value for the travel dollar, and remains my favorite cruise line. Jeff

Question if we might- Which Siverseas and Regent ships were you on and how would you compare such items as food, cabins

We were on the Navigator and the Silver Shadow. Both were Caribbean cruises. I would say the food on the Connie and Navigator was very good. The portions on Celebrity are larger, but that doesn't make any difference to us since we rarely finish everything. The alternative Italian restaurant on Navigator was a lot of fun and other services were all comparable. The wines were decent, and now they are all inclusive (like Silversea).

-

I was somewhat disappointed in the food on the Shadow. A lot of it was uninspired. Especially poor were the baked goods. I did like the all inclusiveness and the wine selections for every day wines was better than Regent.

-

The entertainment options on Regent were more varied and I'd say the quality was about the same on both Silversea and Regent. We are not show people, but the Connie had a large variety, but it was no large Royal Caribbean with stuff always going on. Good pianists and classical musicians, and, in my opinion, one of the best "party" bands I've heard afloat - they played in tune and made pretty good music!!

-

If price was no object, I'd say our first choice would be Regent, second Celebrity and third Silversea - but since price is an object, usually Celebrity comes up heads (unless Regent is having an incredible sale).

-

Hope this information helps!! Jeff

We just came off Regent this week and have been on five Celebrity cruises and we are booked this fall on The Constellation .

After Regent it will be very hard to get back on Celebrity.

The all inclusive plus the fact that their were only 620 people on board made this cruise special. There was not a day when you could not get Lobster , Shrimp, Stone crab

at some venue. Even the buffet tables were set with table clothes and fine silverwear and crystal. The drinks were all top shelf and the wine was in the $35 to $45 range at most restaurants. There was a seat in the theater for every passanger and the shows were on a level with Celebrity. Lounges at the pool were always availiable. Service was as good as it could get..

That said you get what you pay for and the per diem rate is a lot more then it is on Celebrity, but what a cruise experience.. We booked Regent again next year and now we are looking foward to our Oct Constellation cruise..

Bill:

It's all about a level of service at a price. It isn't fair to have the same expectations from a mass cruise line as a high end line at a price more than double Celebrity's. I've cruised on Radisson (now Regent) and there are many things that seem a little chintzy on the mass lines like having to pay for soda and bottled water but for bang for the buck I'd take Celebrity any day.

Charlie

Thanks Grey Gypsi & BillP1 for your Regent experiences

We certainly look forward to our first cruise with them.

Task at hand will be monitoring for per day good deals where we can enjoy the ship

Archived