Price drop and RCCL laughed

After reading several posts about people having rooms booked, and then the price drops, and calling to either get money back or upgrade to a better room, I had my Dad try to do this same thing. However, when he called RCCl, they laughed at him, and said, "If they gave money back to everyone that called just because the price dropped, they would go bankrupt." What did we do wrong, and whom did you call?

We've gotten 2 price drops and all I did was call the reservation number and ask if our reservation qualified for the drop. Each time they checked and promptly said they would credit our card and it was done.

Did your dad reserve a "hot deal" or some other promotion that may not be eligible? He needs to call back and check with another agent and if again denied then ask a reason. Good Luck

Wow, what a terrible customer service rep. I called about four different times for our last cruise in Jan 2007 and got four different price drops credited to my credit card. Each time the price dropped, I called the main 1-800 # listed on their website, explained that the price dropped, and they said "no problem". whole process took about a minute (after waiting about 30 min for someone to answer). the last price drop occurred after we made our final payment and not only did we get the price difference, we upgraded rooms. it was very easy.

Now, I've heard on these boards that you won't get a refund if the lower price is part of a promotion. Even still, the customer service rep could've explained it nicely.

We've gotten 2 price drops and all I did was call the reservation number and ask if our reservation qualified for the drop. Each time they checked and promptly said they would credit our card and it was done.

Did your dad reserve a "hot deal" or some other promotion that may not be eligible? He needs to call back and check with another agent and if again denied then ask a reason. Good Luck

I agree. Unless a Happy Hour Special (new only), most other prices are matched. I would have him call back. Also, if he's 55 or older, make sure he checks for senior specials as well as resident.

I agree too, provided he booked the cruise directly with RCCL to begin with... If he booked through a TA, he would need to contact them.

I've called twice for price drops and have had very helpful CS reps both times... They actually sounded excited for me! :D

I just noticed a week ago that the price on our cruise had dropped by $100 per person, and although I had already paid off the cruise, when I called they promptly credited my card and sent me an email confirming the new price. I found them to be incredibly easy to deal with, so perhaps he just got the one really bad CS rep they have! Have him try it again . . .

Have him call back. I called with a price drop last week for 3 rooms and the rep I spoke with was more than happy to do it. I only had one of our reservation #'s too, and he found the others linked to mine. It was like a 2 minute phone call.

Try again!

I know that he booked 4 rooms, and used a senior citizen discount, not sure if all rooms qualified for the discount or not though.

I got a price drop and cabin upgrade on ours. I booked for mom-in-law last week. Her senior discount was higher than the standard rate! The agent wasn't very knowledgeable and when she quoted me the price, I just told her "I don't think so, I can book it online for less" It took about 20 minutes, but we finally got it straightened out. Keep calling and check the prices online as well!

We received our third price adjustment today, this was after we paid in full. A different TA than our usual answered the phone today and said we could not get a credit after we've paid in full. After our regular was in, we called and he gladly gave us another adjustment!! I think it depends who you talk to. Good Luck!

I just called travelocity since they are who I orderd my cruise through. They said that I had all ready paid in full but would call RCCL to see if they would honor the price drop. And they did!!!!! I am getting $100 back, which was a huge suprise.

Hi everyone, you all have provided some very good advice! I have a question though, and I admit, it sounds dumb, but how do you know if the price has dropped? Do you simply go through the motions of booking online somewhere?

Oh, and when most of you received credits after final payment, is there a cutoff date of when they would do refunds? I'm sailing on the Mariner on 3/18 and wonder if its too late for us to call about a price drop (if it dropped at all).

Thanks in advance!

Michelle

Michelle, Go to the RCCL website (www.rccl.com) and pretend like you are booking your cruise. Don't forget to put in your state of residence to have the system look for any residency rates. If the total price for your cabin catagory is less than what you paid, call RCL if you booked through them, or your travel agent, if you have one, and ask for the reduction.

Thanks everyone. I read him all the posts with your wonderful advice, and he is calling again tomorrow. I"ll keep you informed.

Keep in mind prices can change overnight. So it could be back up in price again tomorrow. You never know.

Hi everyone, you all have provided some very good advice! I have a question though, and I admit, it sounds dumb, but how do you know if the price has dropped? Do you simply go through the motions of booking online somewhere?

Oh, and when most of you received credits after final payment, is there a cutoff date of when they would do refunds? I'm sailing on the Mariner on 3/18 and wonder if its too late for us to call about a price drop (if it dropped at all).

Thanks in advance!

Michelle

Also, be sure to check the Promowave, weekly specials offered by RCCL.

We've gotten the price drop automatically. We didn't have to call. I agree the rep was out of line. I get the name of the rep I am talking with and write it down while I'm talking with them just for this reason. Rude reps need to be reported.

Our Sovereign cruise has gone down $70.00! Unfortunately, my TA is closed so I sent an email with a screen shot of the lowered price. I hope it's the same tomorrow or I'll be mad if they won't honor it!

How do you do a screen shot?

We booked end of Feb. through an online TA...VOS 3/31...

Went for inside cabin originally because rates were so high...but then bumped up to Promenade View for under $200 more for 2 of us. Prices today, standard rate, for inside & Promenade View are exactly double what we paid. We got a senior rate, but RCCL is not showing any available now.

Archived