Please help with choosing between two places to stay in Tampa before our cruise

UGA Fan

We are going on our cruise in less than 2 weeks and I am trying to decide between the Marriot Waterside and the Hampton Inn in Ybor City for the night before our cruise. I would appreciate input on these two places or if anyone has any other suggestions of places to stay. I really need to book soon as time is getting very close to our Mar. 24 sailing. Thanks in advance.:)

Thanks. :) I have read through them but didn't see anything about the new Hampton Inn at Ybor City. I might have overlooked it. I like the looks of it on their website and the location and just wanted to know if anyone has stayed there and if they would choose it over the Marriott Waterside, etc.

Thanks. :) I have read through them but didn't see anything about the new Hampton Inn at Ybor City. I might have overlooked it. I like the looks of it on their website and the location and just wanted to know if anyone has stayed there and if they would choose it over the Marriott Waterside, etc.

The Marriott Waterside is only a few blocks from the port and you can take the trolley which will deliver you directly to the port. The hotel is absolutely beautiful and the canal view is cool as you can watch the boats pull in. I have stayed there a couple of times and I live in Tampa! LOL

I stayed at the Marriott Waterside 2 years ago. Very nice hotel. It is a full service hotel.

I would never rule out the Hampton in Ybor. I took that trolley to Ybor and checked out the Hampton. It was very nice.

I stayed at the Marriott Waterside 2 years ago. Very nice hotel. It is a full service hotel.

I would never rule out the Hampton in Ybor. I took that trolley to Ybor and checked out the Hampton. It was very nice.

While Hampton Inn itself is nice, Ybor has become questionable. As a morning runner, I would not be comfortable doing so in Ybor.

Thanks for all of your replies.:) I have just booked a room at the Marriott Waterside for Mar. 23. I was able to get a discount by being a AAA member. Every little bit helps on saving before I start spending on the cruise! hehehe

:D Now, if I can just get started packing---------we will be good to go!!

People Mover and Caviargal,

I lived in Tampa about elevan years ago, for a short time. During the time I was there, Ybor was being promoted as a growing hot spot. I was looking to start a new business and the brokers were pushing me towards Ybor, as the place to be. From what I remember, rents were rising and many older businesses were being pushed out, in order to revitalized the area. I also remember having doubts about the area. It sounds like Ybor never really grew into the type of place the developers hoped it would.

sarvis

Archived