Lots of Questions - Excursions, etc...

vowsatsea

I'm going on NCL for the first time, and the last time I was on a cruise, I made the mistake of not thinking about the land excursions in advance. Our stops are...

Nassau, Bahamas

Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas

King's Wharf, Bermuda

Questions for Nassau-

We're going to be here for a long time (1pm-2am). The main thing I want to do here is swim with the dolphins. Is www.dolphinencounter.com (Blue Lagoon Island) our best bet? They seem to be cheaper than other places, which is good. How much actual time do you spend with the dolphins?

Once we're done there, we want to pick a nice beach to go swimming? Paradise Island or Cable Beach? We also want to rent a jet ski. Where is the best place to do this? Meaning...best price, and longest amount of time on water.

Has anyone brought their kids to Pirates of Nassau (museum). I don't have any kids, but my boyfriend and I are really into pirate stuff. Is is okay for adults, or will we look like big goofballs walking around there?

We're also thinking of eating somewhere on the island. The place we're eyeing is Crocodile's Waterfront Bar & Grill. Has anyone eaten here? Is it good, and worth the money?

If we do the dolphin encounter first (which we know we definitely are). What is a good order to do the rest so we're not jumping from one end of the island to the other?

Thanks for all your help! I wish I had discovered this board when I went on my first cruise!

I'm going on NCL for the first time, and the last time I was on a cruise, I made the mistake of not thinking about the land excursions in advance. Our stops are...

Nassau, Bahamas

Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas

King's Wharf, Bermuda

Questions for Nassau-

We're going to be here for a long time (1pm-2am). The main thing I want to do here is swim with the dolphins. Is www.dolphinencounter.com (Blue Lagoon Island) our best bet? They seem to be cheaper than other places, which is good. How much actual time do you spend with the dolphins?

Once we're done there, we want to pick a nice beach to go swimming? Paradise Island or Cable Beach? We also want to rent a jet ski. Where is the best place to do this? Meaning...best price, and longest amount of time on water.

Has anyone brought their kids to Pirates of Nassau (museum). I don't have any kids, but my boyfriend and I are really into pirate stuff. Is is okay for adults, or will we look like big goofballs walking around there?

We're also thinking of eating somewhere on the island. The place we're eyeing is Crocodile's Waterfront Bar & Grill. Has anyone eaten here? Is it good, and worth the money?

If we do the dolphin encounter first (which we know we definitely are). What is a good order to do the rest so we're not jumping from one end of the island to the other?

Thanks for all your help! I wish I had discovered this board when I went on my first cruise!

Dolphin Encounter is a first rate tour. You'll love it. Book WELL in advance if you want to Swim with the dolphins. Not sure about the actual time with the dolphins. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Ferries run 1:30 with a 4:30 return, or 3:30 with a 6:30 return. You must be at the terminal 30 minutes before your ferry.

As for a beach..Paradise Island Beach will do. Jetski vendors are independent, so you can negotiate a price that suits you.

Pirates museum is a bit hokey.. but you'll see plenty of adults here as well. You may want to consider having a drink at the Pirates Pub (at the museum) in the evening.. to satisfy you Bf's pirate interest if you don't have time for the museum.

Crocodiles is closed.. You'll enjoy Green Parrot (near the Ferry Terminal on paradise island - just ask any local when you get off the Dolphin Ferry.

www.greenparrotbar.com

You're biggest problem here may be timeline. since you won't be off the Ship til 1:30ish you will probably miss the 1:30 ferry to Blue Lagoon.

The next one is at 3:30pm and returns at 6:30. By that time, jet ski's and pirates museum are closed.

Jetski's leave the beach around 5pm, and the Pirates museum closes at 6pm.

You either shoot to Paradise Beach for a jet ski ride.first.. OR to town to the Pirates museum, but i can't see you doing both.

Thanks for the help!!

Yeah, timing is a big problem. I don't think we'll make it over to the dolphin thing now that I know the ferry times. The last dolphin swim is 3:30 (according to their website), so I'll never get over there in time.

The Green Parrot Bar looks like a great place to eat, and that's the type of food we're looking for too -- nothing fancy.

We'll probably end up skipping the Pirate Museum and going straight for the jet ski rentals.

We'll probably end up skipping the Pirate Museum and going straight for the jet ski rentals.

Definitely skip the Pirate's of Nassau.

I'm a Pirate nut myself (I watch all of the History channel shows, etc..)

and I found it, decent at best.

You start off in a room with a replica of a part of a Pirate ship, with mannequin pirates about the deck.

There are a few more full size displays with mannequins, then you go through a bunch of displays with famous pirate paintings, and various pirate equipment, doubloons, etc...

It is basically like a small wing at any big cities history museum.

I would definitey not go out of my way or miss another activity for this.

(we were right across the street at the BCH taking advantage of their daypass, so I just ran across the street and checked it out, while my Wife enjoyed the beach and pool all afternoon)

Bill

Thanks for the help!!

Yeah, timing is a big problem. I don't think we'll make it over to the dolphin thing now that I know the ferry times. The last dolphin swim is 3:30 (according to their website), so I'll never get over there in time.

The Green Parrot Bar looks like a great place to eat, and that's the type of food we're looking for too -- nothing fancy.

If the Dolphins are what interests you the most, you can certainly make the 3:30 boat. The Ferry dock is just 10 minutes by cab.

Archived