Bermuda Excursions - Questions

vowsatsea

I'm going to be in King's Wharf, Bermuda for the first time, so I need some suggestions on what to do.

How is the Bermuda Maritime Museum? Would you recommend it as one of the excursions we go on?

Is the view at the top of the Gibbs Hill Lighthouse worth the 185-step climb? We're young, and the climb is no problem, but is it worth it?

I was eyeing up "Sea Gardens" the glass bottom boat. If you do not extend to include snorkeling, how long is the tour?

Has anyone done the Skyrider Parasailing? How much is it, and is it worth the money?

Out of the following closest to King's Wharf beaches, which one would you recommend? We're looking for moderately crowded, a good swimming beach, and lots o' sun.

Church Bay (Southampton)

Mangrove Bay (Near Somerset Village)

Somerset Long Bay (Sandys)

Shelly Bay (Hamilton)

Elbow Beach (Paget)

Horseshoe Bay Beach (Southampton)

Or would it be worth it to travel a little further to these beaches?

Tobacco Bay (St. George's)

Achilles Bay (St. George's)

Clearwater Beach and Park (Cooper's Island, off St. David's Island)

-And how long would it take (approx) to get to these?

For eating, we were looking at Pirate's Landing. We're not into or looking for anything fancy, so burgers and pizza sound great. Has anyone ever eaten here?

Thanks!

I'm going to be in King's Wharf, Bermuda for the first time, so I need some suggestions on what to do.

How is the Bermuda Maritime Museum? Would you recommend it as one of the excursions we go on?

Is the view at the top of the Gibbs Hill Lighthouse worth the 185-step climb? We're young, and the climb is no problem, but is it worth it?

I was eyeing up "Sea Gardens" the glass bottom boat. If you do not extend to include snorkeling, how long is the tour?

Has anyone done the Skyrider Parasailing? How much is it, and is it worth the money?

Out of the following closest to King's Wharf beaches, which one would you recommend? We're looking for moderately crowded, a good swimming beach, and lots o' sun.

Church Bay (Southampton)

Mangrove Bay (Near Somerset Village)

Somerset Long Bay (Sandys)

Shelly Bay (Hamilton)

Elbow Beach (Paget)

Horseshoe Bay Beach (Southampton)

For eating, we were looking at Pirate's Landing. We're not into or looking for anything fancy, so burgers and pizza sound great. Has anyone ever eaten here?

Thanks!

Out of the beaches you mentioned stick with Horseshoe Bay. It's the best of the bunch.

The island bus system is great and as everywhere on the island is safe. We bought daily passes, which were very reasonable. They go everywhere. The school children were unbelievable in that they lined up for the bus, let all adults on first, and gave up their seats for any adults who needed them. The drivers were also very helpful. The bottom line is that you don't need to use the ships tours. Save your money and have a good meal instead. All the best.

I climbed up to the top of the lighthouse at Christmas; I hadn’t been up there in years. Even having lived in Bermuda all my life, I found the view from the top to be spectacular; I wish I’d had my camera. It’s amazing to see almost the whole island from one place. Even the stairs are no problem if you leave enough time; there are exhibits on each floor that tell you about the history of the lighthouse, so there is something to do on each floor while you catch your breath.

Hi, I normally dock at St. George and can offer some help on these beaches, TObacco Bay is small but a great beach, and good for snorkeling, not sure with Achilles Bay, but Clearwater is not the most picture perfect beach but it is out of the way and you will have it to yourself. Refreshment stant there and smaller more secluded beach right around the corner. 12 min from st George on Clearwater, and 10 min walk from St. George for TObacco. I think you may find as good of beachs closer to you on the Docks

Good Luck

Dennis

Archived