Voyager 5/14/07 - Pompeii and Herculaneum

klauer

If anyone on this cruise is interested in sharing a private tour, my husband and I have booked Marcello, who comes highly recommended on these boards.

We are leaving Sorrento at 7:30 am on Sunday, May 20, and visiting Pompeii, a small site still being excavated near Pompeii, and Herculaneum. It will be a long day, but I think it will be great for those interested in archaeology (like me!).

Let me know if you are interested, and I can email with the details and costs.

Hi,

We were in Sorento last year and only had time for Positano(pity) so no time for Pompei. This year different trip etc, but stopping in Sorrento, so we had the same idea. Is the trip so long, as I didn't think it would be all day. More importantly, I see you're from Brookline, any golfers in the family?

My husband is so much an avid golfer that we moved to Arizona so that he could play all year!

I don't think that the distances from Sorrento to Pompeii and Herculaneum are that far (less than one hour?), but the sites are in opposite directions. I have actually been to Pompeii twice, but both times got a quicky tour of the highlights in about an hour. I would like to spend at least two hours exploring each of the large sites.

We are planning to get picked up at the ship at 7:30 am, and be back to the ship an hour before departure (I believe that departure is 5:00 pm, so we would be back at 4:00).

Your plan for the day sounds great, so I'm going to check with my boss her preference of Capri or Pompeii. I don't want to put my email address on the site, but I'll get back to you either way. In any case, we're both going on a great trip, for me its our 25th, and we're still kids. Last year was the Seabourn, which was great, so I'm trying a bit bigger ship to compare. See you soon I'm sure.

regards

Ok, sounds good. We will be celebrating our anniversary also (20th)! We are planning to go to Capri on Saturday, May 19, when we get in at noon -- my husband wants to go there too.

Hope to meet you on the cruise!

Klauer,

Pompei sounds great, I'll sleep while you explore. The only question I have concerns any past convictions, arrest, etc you or your husband might have. There must be a way we can email without broadcasting our addresses for more info. Looking forward to the trip and exploring with new friends.

Westmount

Archived