? Best time to arrive at Galveston terminal to board Grand Princess

C-Ya

:) I would like to know when the best time to go to the Galveston terminal to board the Grand Princess?

We are staying at the Harbor House next door, but I have heard of some people getting right onto the ship while others have had to wait in long lines. I would like to time my arrival so that my wife and I have the highest probability of getting right on the ship.

Does anybody know if Galveston's Strand District is having an Art Walk on Friday April 6th, 2007? Also, are any of the Galleries in the area devoted to Glass Art. My wife and I are collectors of Glass Art, but we like all art and plan on making numerous purchases on this trip!

Thank you in advance, any Art Gallery (does not have to be glass info) or arrival time info would be greatly appreciated.

Jonathan

Hi Jonathon,

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Here's a great site with everything you need to know about Galveston:

http://www.galveston.com

Click on Artwalk and you'll see the dates. Unfortunately, I don't see one scheduled for April 6 :( . There's also a list of galleries under Arts and Entertainment.

When we sailed on Grand Princess we got there about 11:30 and it took about 30 minutes to board. There's really no way to know a good time to board quickly unless you want to wait until about 2:00.

Have a great cruise!

Ther is a new gallery with beautiful art glass on The Strand. Sorry, I can't

think of the name of the place but it is at the western end of The Strand on the corner across from the Railroad Museum. It's about three blocks from the cruise terminal. Perhaps someone else will recognize this description and provide the name.

Archived