RashGuards etc.

Ryffian

During my cruise next month (my first one--yay!) I'll be doing various water activities (snorkeling, beginner SCUBA, swim with dolphins) and through research here on the boards, it sounds like a rashguard is a smart investment. I'm a pale sun-sensitive gal and I'd hate to have my trip ruined by a horrible sunburn on day one. Most of the products I've found on the web are just various types of shirts, no shorts or pants.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a good place to find UV safe shorts/pants?

Does "Under Armour" gear have any UV protection? I tried looking on their website but couldn't find any such information.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
During my cruise next month (my first one--yay!) I'll be doing various water activities (snorkeling, beginner SCUBA, swim with dolphins) and through research here on the boards, it sounds like a rashguard is a smart investment. I'm a pale sun-sensitive gal and I'd hate to have my trip ruined by a horrible sunburn on day one. Most of the products I've found on the web are just various types of shirts, no shorts or pants.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a good place to find UV safe shorts/pants?

Does "Under Armour" gear have any UV protection? I tried looking on their website but couldn't find any such information.

Thanks!

Try Collibar.com or campmor.com. It is a little expensive at Collibar but a bad sunburn can ruin your expensive vacation.

Try your local dive shop or look at www.leisurepro.com. If a little warmth is needed, go with a thin, 1 mil wetsuit, like a Henderson Microprene, versus a rash guard. Best bet is a local dive shop for the right fit wetsuit or rashguard. Also, consider a hood and get waterproof high SPF sunscreen on your face, ears, nose, eyelids, hands and feet. Also take a wide brim hat.

Just PM me if you have any further questions.

Thanks!

Thanks, was unaware of that. So Bruce, where do you dive up there in the rainbelt? Down here we dive nuclear missile silos and lakes, like Medina, infested with Atlantic Sharpnose sharks. The worst is diving with the Mexican Tetras in San Solomon Spring - schools so thick that your visibility is reduced to inches - think diving in a sardine can.:D

He can't do that. PM has been disabled on Cruise Critic.

Archived