Crown Princess vs RCCL Explorer of the Seas

SanFranBayCruiser

I'm debating between Crown Princess and Explorer of the Seas - since both offer very similar itineraries during the summer, it's really coming down to the ship. While I've sailed both Princess and Royal Caribbean, I have never sailed on either of these specific ships. I'd appreciate any feedback from anyone who has sailed both or even one of the ships. I'd like to get our August cruise booked this weekend.

Thanks.

I'm comparing the Exployer and the Caribbean Princess, I'm going on the Crown out of NY in the Summer-

I think they are both amazing ships, just depends if you like the personal dining or everything scheduled. I've been on both and really like the way Princess does things! We are really excited to see the Crown- have heard great things!

I'm debating between Crown Princess and Explorer of the Seas - since both offer very similar itineraries during the summer, it's really coming down to the ship. While I've sailed both Princess and Royal Caribbean, I have never sailed on either of these specific ships. I'd appreciate any feedback from anyone who has sailed both or even one of the ships. I'd like to get our August cruise booked this weekend.

Thanks.

I haven't sailed either of these particular ships, but the Crown has much better prices especially for past passengers. The end of Aug and Sept 6 are 799 inside and 849 ov. We've been watching both of these cruises for the best prices.

I had the same question, and I have not ever been on a RCL or Princess cruise. As we are from New jersey and did not want to fly we choose the Crown and we are looking at trying the Explorer next year. The Crown will not be sailing out of New York next year and I wanted to be on this ship VS CB which is older. The CB will be taking the place of the Crown next Year. From what I have read Explorer will be staying in New Jersey Year round next year.

Hope this helped

Archived