Journey Drydock

Lv2sail

We are scheduled for the Oct. 13 Journey cruise to Bermuda. I was wondering if anyone knows which drydock the Journey will be getting refurbished with. Sometimes they have a webcam. Several months ago the Captain of one of the other cruise line ships (I think it was Silversea) had an online log with the photos of the refitting. It was very interesting. I'd love to watch them turn the Blue Moon (or is it Dream) into the Journey.

It will be the Blue Dream and the work will be done in the Bahamas. Depending on the condition of the hull and what is underwater, it my not be an actual drydock, but a scheduled docking to do all the work. It's a trivial difference, but a difference to X of millions of $$$. If the hull, prop and all fittings are in good shape, they'll dock her for the month and use cranes to load all the new pieces.

Lv2sail,

We are scheduled for the Oct. 13 Journey cruise to Bermuda. I was wondering if anyone knows which drydock the Journey will be getting refurbished with. Sometimes they have a webcam. Several months ago the Captain of one of the other cruise line ships (I think it was Silversea) had an online log with the photos of the refitting. It was very interesting. I'd love to watch them turn the Blue Moon (or is it Dream) into the Journey.

MV Blue Dream is going into the yards for a major refit in April, 2007, from which she will emerge as MV Celebrity Journey. The refit includes replacement of forty-eight (48) standard cabins with thirty-two (32) Sky Suites on the aft half of Deck Eight, refurbishment of all other cabins, and reconfiguring all public spaces to Celebrity's standard branding (Cova Cafe di Milano, Michael's Club, Celebrity@Sea, AquaSpa by Elemis, etc.). Sister MV Blue Moon will receive a similar refit in October, from which she will emerge as MV Celebrity Quest.

Celebrity has announced that these ships will retain two specialty restaurants, but did not say what those restaurants will be. It does not seem that a ship of this size (30,277 tons, 710 passengers) would have enough demand to support two restaurants like the specialty restaurants aboard the Millennium class, so we have to expect that at least one of these restaurants will be something different. Of course, it's quite possible that they will either remain or revert to the steakhouse and trattoria that Renaissance Cruises designed them to be.

Norm.

Archived