Manhatten Terminal - Miracle In July

Mustanggirl

Question for anyone sailing out of the manhatten cruise terminal in new york on carnival. How is traffic getting to the terminal and is there plenty of parking. We go in the middle of July and the ship leaves on a Saturday and was wondering how long it will take us to get to the port once we get into manhatten.

Question for anyone sailing out of the manhatten cruise terminal in new york on carnival. How is traffic getting to the terminal and is there plenty of parking. We go in the middle of July and the ship leaves on a Saturday and was wondering how long it will take us to get to the port once we get into manhatten.

Traffic is horrible but since you are coming in on a Sat, it will be a little less....not much but a little. Which route are you coming from? Lincoln Tunnel, Holland Tunnel, GW Bridge, Brooklyn, etc? If you are coming from the Lincoln or Holland Tunnels, the traffic will be less because that will already bring you into the Westside where the pier is. If you are coming from Brooklyn, or Queens you will be coming in from the Eastside and the traffic going crosstown is bad. Just let me know which route, and I will help you. There is a parking lot of sorts from what I have heard. I'm sure someone else can answer that question. I don't know how much it costs though as I won't be using it. I live in NY so I will just be taking car service.

I will be coming in from PA, so It will be from NJ-495 E to the Lincoln tunnel I believe. It looks like once I get into Manhatten it is not a long way to the pier. I was just worried how bad the traffic once I got closer to the city.

I will be coming in from PA, so It will be from NJ-495 E to the Lincoln tunnel I believe. It looks like once I get into Manhatten it is not a long way to the pier. I was just worried how bad the traffic once I got closer to the city.

Ok...the Lincoln tunnel is actually good cause that will bring you around W. 38th St. You should see signs for the Westside Hwy once you get out of the tunnel. If you see signs for 12th Avenue go with that route cause it's the same thing as the Westside Hwy. Take the Westside Hway/12th Avenue north. The pier is on W. 55th St. Someone else will have to let you know where the gargage/parking lot is. If you come early in the AM on Sat, the traffic won't be too bad. Definitely much better than during the week. You are only going a mile, but in NY that could take an hour at times. :(

If you need to know anything else, just ask. :)

Ohhh btw, if 12th ave/westside hwy happens to be a one way going south when you get out of the tunnel....just go to the next avenue (11th or 10th, whichever one lets you go north) and then make a left and go up the avenue until you get to 55th St and then make another left onto 55th. Once you get to 12th Avenue where the pier is you will see the ship. :D

Parking at the pier itself is $24 a day. 8 days= $192 + tax

It's capped at the monthly rate, which is $180.

Parking itself is on the rooftops of the piers, which is level 3. Level 2 is where you drop off your bags.

It's capped at the monthly rate, which is $180.

Parking itself is on the rooftops of the piers, which is level 3. Level 2 is where you drop off your bags.

Now I remember seeing the parking Pete. When we got to our cabin and I went out on the balcony we were facing the lot. Although I couldn't tell the OP how to get there from the street. :p

You are going on the same cruise as us. I can't wait!! We left on a Saturday out of this terminal two years ago on another Carnival cruise and we had very little traffic. You park right at the ship, drop off your bags, drive straight ahead and you are at the parking lot, it is right next to the ship. See ya in July!!!

Just one note of caution for you: There are 3 ships at the Manhattan terminal on 7/14. Aside from Miracle, Carnival Victory and Norwegian Dawn will be at the pier. There's plenty of parking for 3 ships' worth of passengers, but it may be crowded when you're dropping off luggage and going up to the parking lot. However, I think it's probably easier than disembarking with 3 ships in port (we did that on our first cruise and it was crazy).

New Jersey and Points South:

From the Lincoln Tunnel, take 42nd Street west to 12th Avenue. Continue north on 12th Avenue to the New York Cruise Terminal. Heading northbound on 12th Ave., you must pass the Terminal, exit 12th Ave to the right (following signs to “Ship Terminal”), make a left turn on 59th Street under the highway, and head south again on the frontage road, which leads directly to the Terminal.

George Washington Bridge/Westchester and Points North:

Go southbound on the Henry Hudson Parkway (Route 9A), exit to the right at 55th Street.

These directions are from the cruise terminal website. As a native New Yorker in exile, I can assure you that these directions are accurate. We travel this same route every time we cruise from NYC. As for time allowance, it varies. I have made it to the ship in 1/2 hour from the NJ side of the tunnel and once it took two hours! Leave yourself plenty of time. You can usually board early. If you don't hit any traffic delays more time on the ship! have a great sail. :)

Hubby and I are on the Victory Sept 15th, I am so looking forward to this trip. However I am scared to death of our drive into NYC. Born, raised and learned to drive in Miami, but still NYC scares me. I just picture us lost and missing our ship. How early can we check into the pier and parking?

Hubby and I are on the Victory Sept 15th, I am so looking forward to this trip. However I am scared to death of our drive into NYC. Born, raised and learned to drive in Miami, but still NYC scares me. I just picture us lost and missing our ship. How early can we check into the pier and parking?

Don't worry about getting lost....all the streets and avenues are numbered. The higher the street numbers is going to the north. The higher numbered avenues are going west. The parking is right next to the pier.

LOL Miami driving is worse and they are almost all ex-Ny'ers. The parking opens around 9 but you really don't want to get there before 11. Just take you time and you'll be fine. Manhattan is relatively small. The directions above are fine.

You are going on the same cruise as us. I can't wait!! We left on a Saturday out of this terminal two years ago on another Carnival cruise and we had very little traffic. You park right at the ship, drop off your bags, drive straight ahead and you are at the parking lot, it is right next to the ship. See ya in July!!!

We cruise on the Miracle July 22 which is a Sunday. I hope the traffic is even less than Saturday!!

Archived