Western Caribbean internet cafes

gomomgo

Has anyone used internet cafes in ports (Costa Maya, Belize, Roatan, Cozumel in particular)? Cost? Ease of use? Just want to be able to send a quick message home on occasion and check to see if everything is OK with our 18 year old DS home alone (presumably). Are these preferable to trying to use the ship's service?

Cafes are available and easy to find except I don't recall seeing any in Belize. Ships computers are OK for quick email and you can buy a block of time rather than $.50 per minute. Shouldn't be a problem either way.

Cafes are available and easy to find except I don't recall seeing any in Belize. Ships computers are OK for quick email and you can buy a block of time rather than $.50 per minute. Shouldn't be a problem either way.

Ditto - I'm certain that I used one in Belize . . . ask at the pier. IIRC, I got about 15 minutes for a dollar.

A couple of years ago we used one in Costa Maya right in the shopping area where the ship docks. It was $3.00 per hour.

Just last month we used one in Roatan for $3.00 an hour. Leave pier, turn right and walk about 2 blocks. It is on the left side of street, upstairs in a bldg.

It cost .75 minute on the ship and is very slow.

Hope this helps.

Archived