Emerald Deck Crown Mini Suites

Pellegrino

Yes you will hear noise on the Port side. We had an Emerald deck mini on the Grand and we could hear noise at night, the Starboard side is supposed to be much better and you can't hear it on that side.

Even with the noise though these rooms are so worth it for the covered balconies, the noise isn't such a horrible thing that will ruin the cruise.

Please help me understand. We don't mind the uncovered balcony, but I think late night lounge noise would bother me. Why is everyone so concerned with uncovered balconies? Am I missing something? ( I am sure I must be.) Please help this lost uninformed soul.

Please help me understand. We don't mind the uncovered balcony, but I think late night lounge noise would bother me. Why is everyone so concerned with uncovered balconies? Am I missing something? ( I am sure I must be.) Please help this lost uninformed soul.

I enjoy sittin' out on my balcony but.....I don't want to bake in the sun:) I enjoy reading and havin' a few cocktails...and whatnot...but no baking...not a sun person:eek: I usually spend three... four hours a day on my balcony while cruising....I really enjoy it:D So that's why I am booked in an Emerald mini-suite:)

Have to agree with Makeup face. The balcony is great for all those reasons, but I too don't want to bake! It is nice to have some shade there and the Dolphin suites just seem to have sun. Besides, I really didn't like having everyone stare down on us. Not that that was a constant thing, but I know that when you are above, it is just natural to look over the edge and down. After all, I've done it myself! Thank you for the info. Ellen

anyone have pictures from the balcony on these cabins?

Here is a picture of the Emerald deck balconies from outside the ship. As mentioned above, other posters have complained about the noise from the Port side rooms.

43790948_emeraldminibalconies.jpg.331122b0fddf58a7db94ff0ee254bb79.jpg

When we took our first cruise I too was concerned about being on the Dolphin deck, but many people told me not to worry. They were right.

Yes, it is open above, but other than when we sailed in and out of ports they balconies around us were hardly used on our Alaska cruise. You can be seen on them from the top decks as well. I think people were more interested in looking at the scenery instead of us.

We are booked on the Emerald deck mini suite, port side for this summer on the Emerald. I wanted to see how I liked that.

Thank you all for the info. We are sailing in Jan.08 with 3 of our grown children. The last of which graduates in Dec. 07 and this is a congrats/surprise for him. We are thinking of booking a suite for the "kids" rather than a balcony as it will give them more room. Knowing that the port side is better will help us decide. Just now have to see if any more of them are available. Thanks again. Ellen

Archived