Amazing Memory

Orcrone

My brother and his partner just got back from a cruise on the Noordam. The cabin steward asked my brother's partner if he was on the Zuiderdam two years ago. He then asked him if he was in cabin 6003 and whether his partner Howard was with him this time.

The steward not only remembered them from a cruise on a different ship two years ago, but also remembered the cabin number and my brother's name!!!!

They stand out because they're visually impaired and both use a cane, but that's still amazing.

In this case I can understand remembering your brother and his partner. But for those of us who pride ourselves on being remembered by crew - is it really a good thing that we stick so in their memory?

:rolleyes:

We have run into similar people on past cruises. Since I cannot remember what I had for breakfast I find people with such memories to be truely unique. I've had HAL bartenders ask me if I still was drinking gin and tonics with two limes. All in all it makes you feel as if you are home again.

Graham Sunderland was the nature lecturer on the Alaska cruises when I was going there. Met him one year. Met him the second year as we were getting something hot in the Lido. He looked at me, paused, and said, "You were here last year ... but earlier in the season."

He probably remembered their cabin because they were in an HC cabin, and there are not so many of those on any given ship. 6003 is all the way forward and a rather distinctive cabin, as is 6004.

We had something similar happen when one of the crew greeted DH and remembered him from a previous cruise -- and remembered our cabin as well [also 6003]! The cruises were one year apart.

Archived