On-board Mixers -- Smuggler's Punch

• 2 weeks later...

Think I might have seen something similar earlier...but I was thinking Lemonade and vodka (either citron or regular), I bet there are sugar packets for the rim of the glass...right?

Oh and oj, is that free? Or should I bring my own? Gotta have that vitamin c you know...;)

Edited by brown_eyedgal

anyone ever attempt to bring their own mint and make mojitos? Do they serve them onboard?

I had them on board the Miracle. Mint doesn't do well in the heat, and are kind of messy to make (muddler, shaker, etc). I would leave this one to the pros.;)

Oh and oj, is that free? Or should I bring my own? Gotta have that vitamin c you know...;)

OJ is available at breakfast. You can always grab a little extra and keep it on ice or in your fridge for later in the day. Don't forget to grab some pass-o-guava juice as well - another excellent mixer!

So this is my first cruise so this is new to me, so the sum of it all is put some alcohol into a, lets say mouthwash bottle and pack it well (so it doesn't get caught or spilled) and treat yourself to a free drink now and then, correct? IF not, help me!!!!! This sounds like fun. :rolleyes:

Also, I am a goody goody, so I must ask......if you do, lets say get caught, they just take it. You don't get in any trouble. ha ha ha:eek:

If someone were to smuggle on some alcohol, I have heard that "Rumrunnerflasks.com" has a non-xray detectable solution to transportation challenges....

If someone were to smuggle on some alcohol, I have heard that "Rumrunnerflasks.com" has a non-xray detectable solution to transportation challenges....

Partially incorrect. The flasks themselves are fairly transparent to x-rays, but the contents are completely detectable. This is not a smuggling thread anyway, but my advice is to keep it simple, or just wait for your first port and grab a couple of bottles to carry on.

Partially incorrect. The flasks themselves are fairly transparent to x-rays, but the contents are completely detectable. This is not a smuggling thread anyway, but my advice is to keep it simple, or just wait for your first port and grab a couple of bottles to carry on.

But if you carry on bottles from the port, they will be stored until you arrive back at port, right?

Love the w c fields quote.... I like, "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than have a frontal lobotomy".

But if you carry on bottles from the port, they will be stored until you arrive back at port, right?

Love the w c fields quote.... I like, "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than have a frontal lobotomy".

LMAO, great quote!

Sometimes they take it all, sometimes just one bottle, sometimes they don't even care. Very inconsistent. There are many smuggling threads that go into it so I won't here, but I have no problem getting booze from port.

This is a place where the rum runner might come in handy if you don't mind having a huge bulging pocket full of liquor, nor having to carry the flasks and a funnel around and finding a place to transfer the liquid. You'll get some looks I am sure. Like I said, I prefer to keep it simple and have not had a problem.

So, on topic, what are your drinks of choice using ingredients available on the ship?

This is a place where the rum runner might come in handy if you don't mind having a huge bulging pocket full of liquor, nor having to carry the flasks and a funnel around and finding a place to transfer the liquid.

QUOTE]

A zipoc bag or any other small bag makes a wonderful funnel, put the opent bottle in the bag and zip lock up to the bottle neck, fill the bag and make a small hole in the bottom corner of the bag, works wonders:D

Great thread! Since I am trying to loose a couple pounds before my next cruise I was thinking of trying some of that crystal light mixed with rum. Has anyone done this and if so what would you recommend. I bought some of the lemonade to try with vodka, but would really prefer rum. Any ideas?

Great thread! Since I am trying to loose a couple pounds before my next cruise I was thinking of trying some of that crystal light mixed with rum. Has anyone done this and if so what would you recommend. I bought some of the lemonade to try with vodka, but would really prefer rum. Any ideas?

Isn't rum made with a ton of sugar?

Somebody just mentioned the crystal light fruit punch above, and you can get all the lemonade you want on lido deck. I love rum and lemonade, and as L2J says, everything goes with rum. :)

Isn't rum made with a ton of sugar?

Yeah, but fortunately, it is almost all fermented out into C2H5OH for us

Edited by Thirsty Cruiser

A jigger of rum is 2 weight watcher point and crystal light is 0 point. A glass of wine is 3. That is why I started drinking rum drinks, but I am sick of diet cola.

I am with you on that one. I try to stay away from diet anything cause of that nasty aftertaste, so I either drank it straight or with just a splash of real mixer.

I failed chemistry...and I'm not googling that one, m'kay.:cool::p

Ethyl acohol, but I suspect you already knew that. ;)

I just bought a small blender, no bigger than a coffee cup with a "coke can" size glass/blending container, for $15 at Wally World.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5924588

Thank you for that!:) Not that I would take it on a ship and mix booze in it!:p Yeah baby! This'll work!:D Thanks again!!!!!

This is a great thread! So far, I've copied down about 12 different drink recipes, ordered a single-serving blender from Wal-Mart, and am ready to party!:D

I read on another thread that if you sail out of San Juan, they are pretty liberal about allowing you to bring on a bottle of rum without any hassels, as long as its in a backpack, and not just in plain site.:) So, since San Juan is our first port stop, that's what I'm going to do. Thanks for all the wonderful ideas and recipes. I've got a mini cocktail shaker that's going in my checked bag!:D

So this is my first cruise so this is new to me, so the sum of it all is put some alcohol into a, lets say mouthwash bottle and pack it well (so it doesn't get caught or spilled) and treat yourself to a free drink now and then, correct? IF not, help me!!!!! This sounds like fun. :rolleyes:

Also, I am a goody goody, so I must ask......if you do, lets say get caught, they just take it. You don't get in any trouble. ha ha ha:eek:

Been told that mouthwash flavor is hard to get out of the plastic...so unless you like Listerine tasting booze, I'd forget that one.