On-board Mixers -- Smuggler's Punch

Ok, I know there are a bunch of you out there who have created a version of my famous Smuggler's Punch using combinations of mixers available on board, along with rum or another potent potable.

My personal recipe is:

(purchase an insulated "water" bottle from the on-board store for about $5)

Fill the container with ice to the top

Add 2 parts fruit punch

Add 1 part Lemonade

Add 2 (or more :)) parts rum. I like to mix equal parts dark and light rum.

Give it a good shake and enjoy!

I have another version where I substitue sprite for the lemonade which is also very good.

So let's hear it -- anybody else have a recipe for a drink using on-board mixers?

Another question to go along with this post. If you was going to bring just one type of liquer to go with the on board mixers availble what would it be..I am thinking something like a vodka for the orange juice or rum for the punch..Any other ideas.

this is a usefull and unique variation on the booze smuggling topics lol.

I am bringing Southern Comfort, Coconut Rum and Peach Schnapps. First timer so i dont know how my mixes will turn out.

this is not a smuggling thread...smuggling would be cheap, stealing, and against the rules. We just want to know if we was to smuggle what would be the best type of liquor to use to enhance the flavor of the provided free beverages:D

this is not a smuggling thread...smuggling would be cheap, stealing, and against the rules. We just want to know if we was to smuggle what would be the best type of liquor to use to enhance the flavor of the provided free beverages:D

ooohhhh, i was only KIDDING anyway :D , but it would be nice to imagine i am on a ship and what i would do if it were BYOB.

I take 3 1.75L of vodka along with 2 empty 32oz bottles. I love the mango juice and fill each jug every morning and store them in the mini bar for later. When that runs out I mix with fruit punch or lemonade. DW likes the ice tea, one thing about vodka is you can mix it with anything.

This is not a smuggling thread....of course the alcohol in these recipes will be pre-ordered through the appropriate channels.

1) Tequila, lemonade, sprite garnished with limes.

2) Rum, pineapple juice (now that we know it is available), orange juice and a shot of amaretto.

3) vodka and ice

I " understand ", that some ne'er do wells:eek: " smuggle alcohol in their luggage away from the prying eyes and hands of Carnival baggage checkers. I also " hear" that it is best to wrap in plastic to avoid breakage. Some actually put the liquor in other containers IE Mouthwash, Gatorade bottles.:rolleyes: . Rumor has it, that it is best NEVER to put it in your hand luggage at check in, to avoid it being confiscated:eek: I myself walk the straight and narrow and AVOID these types of people at all cost....... But, where is the pineapple juice on board ( in case someone should ask ):D ,

Rum.

If I was to smuggle booze, this is what I would mix:

In a black igloo brand 22 oz. thermal cup, smash 1/2 banana and a couple chunks of fresh pineapple with ice, then add 1 part rum (Tortuga, if available) with 1 part fruit punch and 1 part lemonade or orange juice.

hmmm. Pineapple and banana...from the buffet I'm assuming. Don't know about the banana...would start to remind me of a milk shake. Wouldn't it make it difficult to get thru a straw? and difficult to clean. *working out logistics*

Yea, this is one of the problems with not having a blender. Hey, maybe I could bring a blender... :) Anyways, the fresh fruit from the buffet is mostly a garnish but if you smash it a little between layers of ice before you add the liquid ingredients, the flavor infuses into the drink, then when you're done, you can eat a rum soaked banana and pineapple... Hey, it's a health drink..

• Haha 1

Ok, I know there are a bunch of you out there who have created a version of my famous Smuggler's Punch using combinations of mixers available on board, along with rum or another potent potable.

My personal recipe is:

(purchase an insulated "water" bottle from the on-board store for about $5)

Fill the container with ice to the top

Add 2 parts fruit punch

Add 1 part Lemonade

Add 2 (or more :)) parts rum. I like to mix equal parts dark and light rum.

Give it a good shake and enjoy!

I have another version where I substitue sprite for the lemonade which is also very good.

So let's hear it -- anybody else have a recipe for a drink using on-board mixers?

In my quest for the perfect water bottle, I must ask, how many ounces does this alleged $5 bottle hold? Assuming it's a good sized bottle, that will affect how many bottles of Cruzan Mango Rum I drink over the course of a week, bought from appropriate sources of course:)

TinaJ

So this is my first cruise so this is new to me, so the sum of it all is put some alcohol into a, lets say mouthwash bottle and pack it well (so it doesn't get caught or spilled) and treat yourself to a free drink now and then, correct? IF not, help me!!!!! This sounds like fun. :rolleyes:

Also, I am a goody goody, so I must ask......if you do, lets say get caught, they just take it. You don't get in any trouble. ha ha ha:eek:

Smiles, since this is not a smuggling thread we wont go in great detail, but simply put alchohol in original container and place in luggage that you give the porters. Do not try to bring it on in your carry on luggage. Unless it is wine. You are allowed to bring on fine wine..

Would they consider my "homemade wine" to be fine...it sure packs a punch.

In my quest for the perfect water bottle, I must ask, how many ounces does this alleged $5 bottle hold? Assuming it's a good sized bottle, that will affect how many bottles of Cruzan Mango Rum I drink over the course of a week, bought from appropriate sources of course:)

TinaJ

I would guess it to be about 32 oz, but not sure. Since I have not been on a ship in almost 2 years, I cannot guarantee they are still available anyway.

Also, now that I think about it, I had to pick through several bottles in the ships store because the tops on the containers would not lock. (I didn't want to spill one drop of my precious elixir). And the bottles were kind of hard to squeeze, so you may want to get one now and perfect both your recipe and your technique :)

Also, let's please stay on topic -- this thread is not how to smuggle booze, but (hypothetically) what concoctions you can make given only ingredients available on the ship.

So this is my first cruise so this is new to me, so the sum of it all is put some alcohol into a, lets say mouthwash bottle and pack it well (so it doesn't get caught or spilled) and treat yourself to a free drink now and then, correct? IF not, help me!!!!! This sounds like fun. :rolleyes:

Also, I am a goody goody, so I must ask......if you do, lets say get caught, they just take it. You don't get in any trouble. ha ha ha:eek:

if i were to commit such a dastardly deed, i would just get plastic "travel" bottles from my local package store. and put it in my checked luggage rolled up in my clothing or beach towels

Buy a Bottle of pre-mixed "Long Island Iced Tea" Liqurer, That way you can have Vodka,Amareto,Rum, Slo Gin, and Grenadine, already pre mixed (Very convenint becase it is very stong, totaly clear so it it easyily put inside a "Bottled Water" Container without detection.)

Mix with 2 parts Orange Juice, 1 part Fruit Punch, add Ice Shake & Enjoy!