About the Sanctuary on the Crown Princess

Dixe Lee

When we were on the Crown last Oct the most people we ever saw in it were 2. Most of the time it was empty. It's just a more private area to lounge around in,so wear what ever you want.

Laura

Hi we were on the Crown a few weeks ago...many times we saw it and it was empty..or maybe one or two people...the last day which is the sea day..we went there to try and get a chairs...and we were told they were completely booked for the day.....we went in time for the afternoon booking but I guess many others had the same idea and got there a lot earlier than us......we just went back to our nice Caribe deck and sat in the sun there.....

There is a price to use the sanctuary – the adults only area. The pool has no charge but it is down the stairs from the actual sanctuary. When I was on the Crown in November there was a $15 charge to use the sanctuary for ½ a day on sea days and $10 for the whole day when we were in port. You can't make a reservation but most of the time you didn't need one at all. We would just show up to use it and got in every time - and we were a party of 6.

We loved the area. It is very peaceful and quiet. They have extra thick cushions on the over-sized chairs and ‘serenity stewards’ who serve you anything you may need to make you comfortable. They have a separate healthier menu for eating or they will happily get you anything from the grill or pizzeria if you prefer. (They will go to all three if you chose.) Of course soda and cocktails are no problem. We were brought chilled towels periodically, spritzed if we wanted it, and they had different flavors of water which were constantly replenished, etc.

There are no children allowed – not even to come talk to their parents. The child can come to the rail or a steward will come get them and the adult can go to the kid if need be. On that same line smoking is no allowed in the area either. You can sit either in the sun or the shade and they also have ‘tents’ in there where you can get a massage.

Hi Dixe, Since the Crown is usually doing the carribean I wonder if use of the sactuary will be different for our New England/ Canada cruise. I imagine it may be a bit chilly, so the sanctuary may not be as popular...or cost as much.

Jan

Hi Dixe, Since the Crown is usually doing the carribean I wonder if use of the sactuary will be different for our New England/ Canada cruise. I imagine it may be a bit chilly, so the sanctuary may not be as popular...or cost as much.

Jan

Hi, Jan,

You've got a good point. Of course, when we went to Alaska, I was amazed at the number of people that lounged by the pool underneath all of the woolen blankets that were available :D According to Barbarah33, this is a non-smoking area so that will probably eliminate us from spending much, if any, time there. Dave is a smoker (I used to, but quit a few years ago after spending 5 days in the hospital with pneumonia). I empathize with him and would not expect him to pay to relax in an area where he can't smoke. We may try the deck outside of the Sanctuary, as willysgrandma pointed out.

Archived