Gift Basket Options?

I'm thinking of sending a gift basket to the cabin for my kids as a nice surprise. Can anyone give me some options for someone they have used. My kids are older than the crayon pack they have from RCC options. I have 3 girls ages 9, 13, and 18. I'm unfamiliar with any delivery services so any advice would be appreciated.

Have the cruiselines changed the delivery procedure? I thought they can no longer deliver wine but I'm not sure. If so, will they still deliver a basket that doesn't contain it?

I asked my mom to send me the wine and cheese basket or the chocolate covered strawberries and champagne basket. The latter has a non-alcoholic version. I think as long as it is RCCL wine/champagne you can have it in your room. I will let you know when I get back from my trip.

RCI do have a "Gifts and Gear" section on their website where you can arrange for gifts to be delivered to the cabin, however:

a) they are a bit pricey, and

b) they might not be the sort of thing you want.

Its worth a look though.

Two of the most commonly mentioned purveyors of bon voyage gift baskets are "Just because of you" (often abbreviated JBOY) and "wellwishers" - I'm sure a search would turn both of them up. Most people who have used them express great satisfaction.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently ordered from Just Because of You JBOY for a cruise in February. I was charged for the order prior to sailing. Never received the order nor a refund and now they wont even respond to emails. I am now disputing through my credit card.

Following up on my post about Shelley and JBOY - She has contacted me and for a number of reasons (yes health related) was not able to respond to my requests. She apologized and has promised a refund will be issued right away. Apparently she has some personal issues right now. I am happy with the response. I did not have a problem with the lack of delivery, it was the lack of response that had me concerned. She has also offered a free bottle for my next cruise. I think my issue was just bad timing.

Thank you for getting back on this. I will still contact her for my request. I was hoping to do a beer basket but now wonder if RCCL has issue with beer baskets. I'll ask Shelley, but do others know of issues with beer baskets and RCCL????

Thank you for getting back on this. I will still contact her for my request. I was hoping to do a beer basket but now wonder if RCCL has issue with beer baskets. I'll ask Shelley, but do others know of issues with beer baskets and RCCL????

I spoke with Shelley a few days ago and we are planning on ordering a basket with wine and beer, so you shouldn't have any problems with that.

Archived