footwear for dining room

goin'toalaska

Thanks, Sheila. I've seen people wearing that one. Maybe I'll go to a Hallmark Store and try them. (Wish we had a nearby Nordstoms' :) but we don't). They're pretty ugly but for an alternative for walking, now and then, I'd like to give them a try. Those are the ones I've seen hospital personnel wearing so I'm sure you are probably right that is the style she meant.

Thanks, Sheila. I've seen people wearing that one. Maybe I'll go to a Hallmark Store and try them. (Wish we had a nearby Nordstoms' :) but we don't). They're pretty ugly but for an alternative for walking, now and then, I'd like to give them a try. Those are the ones I've seen hospital personnel wearing so I'm sure you are probably right that is the style she meant.

You're welcome! I've not seen them in a regular Hallmark store but in The Paper Store. Do you have one near you?

Carol: I checked the crocs website and you can find them at Shoes 'N' More (?).

The website is crocs dot com. You can do a search using your zip code.

Our four granddaughters love crocs. And they're only 3, 4, and two are almost-7. They love the little decorate thingies you can get to put in the holes of the crocs!

I went to the crocs site yesterday. Their shipping is $9 or $10.

Nordstrom's often has a $5 shipping deal so if they have the Caymen model, I'll order it from them. I really love Nordstrom's service, too.

Why spend $5 more for shipping than necessary. ;)

I went to the crocs site yesterday. Their shipping is $9 or $10.

Nordstrom's often has a $5 shipping deal so if they have the Caymen model, I'll order it from them. I really love Nordstrom's service, too.

Why spend $5 more for shipping than necessary. ;)

I wouldn't buy from the crocs site either, but it's a good place to plug in your zip code to see if you can find them locally. When I plugged in our zip, it brought up lots of locations! ;)

Sorry to jump on here with my opinion---but---

I too love CROCS and just wanted to mention that on our last cruise while I was suffering in my dress shoes on formal night I noticed I lovely woman stroll by looking quite nice in her formal wear, right down to her sequin covered CROCS! I was green with envy! She was both stunning and comfortable!

Also, a tip for you CROCS lovers, when your CROCS start looking not quite as new and shiny, a sprtiz a ARMORAL will make them look like new again---but just on the outside ---inside it will make them slick!!:)

My Hallmark carried just a small selection of CROCS--before they left the mall all together--darn it! But I have found a place online that offers free shipping both ways that has very good prices---zappos dot com

Thanks to who ever mentioned about the Disney CROCS---I will be looking into those for the grandkids! I guess they are only available through Disney?

Isn't this board a fountain of info?

Sorry to jump on here with my opinion---but---

I too love CROCS and just wanted to mention that on our last cruise while I was suffering in my dress shoes on formal night I noticed I lovely woman stroll by looking quite nice in her formal wear, right down to her sequin covered CROCS! I was green with envy! She was both stunning and comfortable!

LOL When one of my daughters got married, she bought a pair of white keds and took some of the appliques that were on her gown and glued them on to the sneakers. (She got them when they shortened the gown). She wore the keds during the receptions and was very comfortable and had a great time.

By the way, we have a Paper Place or Paper something store opening near us soon. Maybe they'll have some croc's.

Maybe we scared the Op away with all this obsession over shoes. And now on to jeans in the dining room. Has anyone actually seen people in the dining room wearing them? Curious? How would crocs look with jeans?

Just joking.

The snow plow has arrived.

Found the web site and some stores near me. Two for one. They even make a ballet slipper one. Add some sequens and you're good to go!:D

Now, I know I've lost it because I'm just talking to myself. Time to get out of this house!

Found the web site and some stores near me. Two for one. They even make a ballet slipper one. Add some sequens and you're good to go!:D

Now, I know I've lost it because I'm just talking to myself. Time to get out of this house!

My granddaughters like to put these little decorative thingies in the holes on their Croc's. I'll bet they sell the sequin thingies, and that's what the woman used!

I have the the ballet slipper CROCS and can testify that they are comfortable---I wear them every sunday to church. I love the new

ones that HeatherinFlorida posted---I will have to add those to my order

with the Mickey Mouse ones.

Thanks Heather!

BTW---Thumbs up on the Jeans and CROCS ----

and I wear Mary Jane CROCS to work everyday with my dress pants too...

The original Croc is the Beach. Cayman is the same style, but the site says more 'slender', which I presume means narrower.

You really have to try them on to understand how they feel and fit. They are not snuggly fitted on your foot, but are orthotic, skid-proof, and cool. So ugly I think they are cute. :eek:

The original Croc is the Beach. Cayman is the same style, but the site says more 'slender', which I presume means narrower.

You really have to try them on to understand how they feel and fit. They are not snuggly fitted on your foot, but are orthotic, skid-proof, and cool. So ugly I think they are cute. :eek:

After this thread, I'll bet there'll be a lot more Croc's on HAL cruise than there are now! Funny thing is that last summer, when I first saw them, I thought they'd be great for a cruise and made a mental note to self: "Buy them before the Noordam cruise."

Do you think I remembered? Nope!

Next cruise.

...... last summer, when I first saw them, I thought they'd be great for a cruise and made a mental note to self: "Buy them before the Noordam cruise."

Do you think I remembered? Nope!

LOL. I did the same thing- forgot. Well, it was Dec. so they weren't really in the shop windows here at that time. But we stayed at the Riverside on Las Olas in FLL before our cruise and window shopped. And there they were, so I wasn't Crocless on the cruise. Now I have several pair and wear them constantly. My next pair will be fuschia or lime or both. I think the 2-tone will sell like hotcakes. :eek:

LOL. I did the same thing- forgot. Well, it was Dec. so they weren't really in the shop windows here at that time. But we stayed at the Riverside on Las Olas in FLL before our cruise and window shopped. And there they were, so I wasn't Crocless on the cruise. Now I have several pair and wear them constantly. My next pair will be fuschia or lime or both. I think the 2-tone will sell like hotcakes. :eek:

We left from FLL last winter and arrived 3 days before departure....had some time to do the Water Taxi and explore Las Olas. What a great area that is! We saw the Riverside from the Water Taxi.....did you like it? I thought it would be a great place to stay next time we leave from FLL!

I love lime and was going to buy those....but now I need to check out the 2-Tone! ;)

..... explore Las Olas. What a great area that is! We saw the Riverside from the Water Taxi.....did you like it? I thought it would be a great place to stay next time we leave from FLL!....

We have stayed at the Riverside several times and love it. There is a new Tower section and an older section. Rooms are small in the original building and I would recommend the Tower. Great view and lovely rooms. We like to take in the sights and shops on Las Olas in the afternoon and early evening and eat dinner at the hotel's outside cafe and watch the action on Las Olas. FLL's busiest area and lots of fun. :D

We have stayed at the Riverside several times and love it. There is a new Tower section and an older section. Rooms are small in the original building and I would recommend the Tower. Great view and lovely rooms. We like to take in the sights and shops on Las Olas in the afternoon and early evening and eat dinner at the hotel's outside cafe and watch the action on Las Olas. FLL's busiest area and lots of fun. :D

Thanks, peaches! It's a great location, that's for sure! :)

I was just glancing at the Crocs website and has anyone seen the style "Sassari"???? They almost look DRESSY!!! They come in all colors.

sassari-black-white.thumbnail.jpg

Oooh. Brand new! But darnitall... they won't go with the dress I'm wearing on one of the formal nights. And zappos isn't carrying them yet. :(

I bought a pair of these last fall for our cruise to Alaska. They kept my feet warm and comfy (I wore them with ACORN fleece soxs) and I got many comments on them. I packed them in my luggage (since they are harder to get on and off at the airport) for the return trip and discovered when I returned home that someone between there and home had acquired a slightly used pair of CROCS. So, it is true--everyone loves CROCS!!!:eek: They must have needed them more than I did! I am sure that they are enjoying them! They are lovely for the cooler weather with the heel enclosed.

4998-337780-t.jpg

........... And zappos isn't carrying them yet. :(

I know! As soon as I saw they came out March 1, I went to see if Zappos had them yet. With their free shipping, free return, that's the way to go! I'm concerned about how high they are (doesn't say) and how substantial they'll feel walking in them. So I need to try them on. Zappos makes that so easy! Love that site.

And Peaches is right ... they are so unbelievably ugly that no one would ever think you are trying to look good in them. They're funky ... nothing like a woman my age looking funky. Now there's a sight!!!!:D :eek:

Maybe we scared the Op away with all this obsession over shoes. And now on to jeans in the dining room. Has anyone actually seen people in the dining room wearing them? Curious?

We Saw a Man wearing (Blue) Jeans every night in the Dining room on our Prinsendam Cruise last April to the Amazon..He had a TUX on for Formal night..That was the first time we had ever seen Jeans in the DR..I normally don't remember what people are wearing, but he happened to be standing very close to us each night & had a very infectious smile...By the same token we had a Lady who was dressed to the Nines every night in beautiful formal gowns, sparkly dresses, boas, & sparkly shoes..A different formal outfit for the entire 25 days..She carried a cane & it was such fun watching come into the DR & Show lounge every night...

Also on the Ryndam this past November we saw many passengers in jeans on Casual Night..We even saw several younger folks come into the DR on Formal night without a Jacket but with very dressy shirts...

Archived