Save The Date Cards

HELLO BRIDES AND BRIDES TO BE,

:eek: CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A SAMPLE OF HOW THEY WORDED THEIR SAVE THE DATE CARDS. ARE THESE CARDS FOR THE SAILING OR THE NON SAILING GUEST OR BOTH. RENEWAL DATE 9/2/05 CARNIVAL LEGEND. WEV'E BOOKED OUR CRUSIES AND PAID FOR THE DELUXE ROMANTIC PACKAGE ALREADY.

We printed up flyers with all the pertinent info for our family and friends, and whenever someone mentioned they'd be interested in coming on our wedding cruise, we handed them one. It contained info about the ship, date, itinerary, category prices, TA's name and number, etc.

As people booked, my TA updated me. Every now and then I'd update info and sent it out to everyone who had booked (flight information, rehearsal dinner information, who was in which cabin, etc.). All my guests flew down a day ahead to Miami and we hosted a "rehearsal" dinner for everyone.

Once we knew who was definitely coming, we ordered special "invitations" from a website called http://www.bottlemeamessage.com. We told them what we wanted printed on the scrolled paper, and we selected bottles with sand and seashells. Each one was individually boxed and shipped to my house. We then sent one to each family who was coming on the cruise, along with a little paperback book I had ordered from amazon.com called "The Essential Little Cruise Book."

So in addition to the favors we handed out onboard during our reception, they had these as keepsakes as well.

We went with the smaller, glass bottle. But there are many to select from.

I also ordered cruise themed paper from paperdirect.com. I wrote a Save the Date Letter that said:

We will be setting sail on life greated voyage on May 29, 2005 aboard the Carnival Legend. We would be delighted if you would consider attending our pre-sailing wedding in New York Harbor. You can join us as a non-sailing quest and board the ship for our wedding and reception and leave the ship an hour before it sets sail. You can also come as a sailing quest for the weddingmoon. The ship is large enough for your second honeymoon or vacation as well as ours.

Then I provided travel agent info.

We realize because of the time and expense involved, you may not be able to attend out wedding. We will have a small at home celebration following our wedding cruise for those unable to attend.

I also enclosed a Save the Date wedding magnet with a picture of the ship in new York Harbor. I went to new York and took a whole roll of photos when the ship was in port before I got the right one.

We did the cheap way for Save The Date... we created a free website. I'd have to look for the wording since I've taken the webpage offline, but we included links to websites of various information (cruise line, TA, pre-cruise hotel, each port of call, general cruise FAQ, etc). We emailed the link to those we wanted to send it to, and every piece of information they could possibly need was right at their fingertips. If they printed the page, it turned out to be one page, or if they just looked at it online, then they could utilize the hyperlinks for more information. That page also had a picture of our sillhouettes at sunset from our very first cruise as a background.

To create a free website... here is what we did: We created a yahoo email address and then went to geocities.com to use that yahoo email address to set up a geocities webpage. Very user friendly... and FREE! You can do this with an existing yahoo email address or create a new one. Your webpage address would be something like www.geocities.com/username.html

Then we put more money into the invitations that were handmade at a local store using a picture we took of a beach on St John (while there on vacation - and also the island we were getting married on) as well as a starfish affixed to a ribbon to hold the two pages of the invitation together (a semi-clear overlay on top of the beach picture underneath). So by creating a free webpage and using email for Save The Date (and snail mail one-page flier to those few without email addresses) we were able to put more into our wedding invitations and still stay within budget. :)

SOON2BMRS

THANKS FOR THE TIP, YOU ARE RIGHT WWW.VERSEIT.COM IS A GREAT SITE.

ENGAGEDATSEA

WHAT A GREAT IDEA. I WAS INVITED BY MY TRAVEL AGENT IN NEW YORK TO TOUR THE CARNIVAL LEGEND THIS MONTH. I WILL ALSO TAKE PICS OF THE SHIP AND MAKE MY OWN SAVE THE DATE MAGNETS.

MANDYGIRL

THANKS FOR THE WEB SITE TIP. I AM A DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHER AND HAVE MY OWN WEB SITE WWW.SMILEFORSONYA.COM. IF I CAN FIND SOME TIME AWAY FROM MY CUSTOMERS, I WILL ATTEMPT TO DO WHAT YOU SUGGESTED.

THANK YOU LADIES IT'S NICE TO KNOW THEIR IS HELP OUT THERE WHEN YOU NEED IT MOST.

We sent out Save the date newsletters and magnets to everyone, even if we knew they couldn't make it. In the letter we basically wrote about the ship, the date we had chosen, the itinerary, category prices, TA's name and number. We also included things to do on the ship.

We made templates for both the newsletter and magnet.

Magnets: We print our template on satin photo paper ($6 @ Walmart), cut them, and stuck them to the business card size magnets ($7 @ Office Max for 25 magnets). We found this to be a neat and inexspensive way. We also enjoyed the time we put into these.

Shari:p

We used a blank wedding invitations suitable for a laser printer, which we picked up pretty inexpensively at an office supply superstore. I am afraid it worked too well since. About 50 family and friends decided to sail with us -- twice what we expected! :)

Here was the text we used for the announcement itself. Hope it helps.

Save The Date

We are pleased to announce the date of our upcoming wedding.

February 7, 2005

Aboard Royal Caribbean's Jewel of the Seas

In Port at Key West, FL

The "reply" card included details about sailing with us. It said:

About Sailing With Us

Our wedding will take place aboard Royal Caribbean's Jewel of the Seas while in port in Key West on Monday, February 7, 2004.

The ship sails from Fort Lauderdale, Florida on February 6, on a 6-day western Caribbean cruise, making ports of call in Key West, Cozumel, Costa Maya and Grand Cayman, before returning to Ft. Lauderdale on February 12th.

We hope you'll be able to cruise with us. For cruise details, visit www.rccl.com. (Plus we inlcuded contact info for our TA and the individual who is helping us at RCCL.)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived