Cristmas Airfare

ecoxwhite

Leaving on HAL cruise 12/26, return 1/5. Thought airfare would not be too expesive leaving 12/25, Christmas day. Doing all kinds of searches and finding it about $80 more. The return date doesn't seem to be the problem. Anyone with experience flying Christmas day? Am I too early checking and should I wait to see if the airfares come down?

Thanks for the advice!

If you wait much longer, you run the risk of not finding anything available. Since it is Christmas day, a lot of airlines reduce the number of aircraft flying, so seats will be tough to find. Book now and don't take the chance of not getting a flight.

Please post where your cruise is leaving from. I would assume you need BOS to someplace, Florida possibly? How about flying from Providence? We will try to help you, but need more information. Your idea of flying on Christmas Day is good and usually cheap fares, BUT, those flights fill up fast. Lots of people use them for mileage runs-plane trips strictly for the benefit of acquiring air miles. And especially towards the end of the year, where everyone must requalify for their elite level by Dec. 31.

Check out Southwest at www.southwest.com since they do not list their fares on other websites. I just looked for your dates 12/25-1/5 and here is what I found:

PVD-FLL-PVD $243.40 pp roundtrip including taxes/security fees (direct flights with one stop; no plane change; leaves FLL at 5:15PM so you are not rushed after cruise disembarkation or you can go earlier with a plane change)

MHT-FLL-MHT is the same price, and you can get direct flights with one stop (no plane change)

I also checked leaving the 24th or 26th - the trip to FLL is a little bit more on the days before/after Christmas.

I've flown on Christmas day. Can be nice because most passengers are already at their destinations so less crowds in the airport and on the plane.

Archived