Pearl Arrival in Miami

Traveler2222

I just returned from the 9 day Caribbean and we arrived somewhere around 0930. First people were getting off the boat between 10:30 and 10:45. If you want to get off the boat early and get moving fast, NCL allows you to carry off you luggage. That is normally the first group of people to leave the ship. Taxi's are lined up at the terminal or you may choose to have a pre-arranged ride waiting.

Hope this helps.

Thank you SO MUCH for your reply! This is, like, my 24th cruise, and I've NEVER returned at noon, so I didn't think to check before booking our air months ago. Now, there's not even a single return airline seat I can buy at any price (not to mention 4!) any later in the day. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

The posted time is noon, But when we came back on Feb 11th, we did arrive at about 9:30 or so, took about 30 minutes to get docked. The first passengers got off about 10:30. Those were the ones who carried off all of their own luggage. That took about an hour for that group of passengers. It was very crowded around the exits at that time. We got off at 11:30, the first group with the early colored tags, due to an early flight out. 5:30 at fort Lauderdale. Why we arrived so early is that we had the best seas I have ever seen for a day and a half coming back to Miami. not a wave in the Ocean. Shucks....I like the rougher seas...but not like what the Pearl had coming over on the crossover from Germany....:)

We just returned from the 3/2/07 sailing this past sunday (9night) and we got in about 9:30AM. The first ones off the ship was about 10:00AM, the ones to self debark, and we left about 10:15. Not sure what time after that they started to let off the colored tags. It was a breeze to walk off with our luggage, we each had a large suitcase on wheels, and a carryon.

I have read all the posts that the ship came in early

i booked a flight at 5:40 pm,beause NCL said do not book a flight before 5pm i am wondering if i should try to get an earlier flight, my husband does not like sitting around after the cruise ship gets in, wants to go to airport and get on the plane

what is the latest anyone has gotten off the 9 night pearl

We were on the 3/2 sailing. We stayed in our room until they called our tag color, which was about noon if I remember. Then we took a taxi to the airport and got there in maybe 10-15 minutes.

Be sure to read the letter left in your cabin about luggage tags (I think that was on the last sea day). You can go to the lobby and get your own color of baggage tags, depending on what time you wanted to get off the ship.

The tags were in the wall case right by the cruise excursion desk just behind the sign providing the debarkation time for each color of tag. Just pick whatever color tag that equated to when you wanted off. I got ours that evening and there were plenty of late-to-get-off tags. The first 2 early ones were gone by then. But that worked great for us because we didn't want to be off until about noon.

NCL says the Pearl returns at noon from the 10 day Caribbean. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is the ship likely to be early or late? Any tips for getting to the airport in a BIG hurry?? Thanks.

We were on the Pearl for 2 back to back cruises. We ere told we would be back from the 9 day at 12:00 noon, but arrived before 10:00 am. We could have flew home earlier but rented a car for 4 hours and shopped !!!! - not my favorite passtime & flem home at 8:10 pm. Had a great 2 weeks on the Pearl

We were on the Pearl for 2 back to back cruises. We ere told we would be back from the 9 day at 12:00 noon, but arrived before 10:00 am. We could have flew home earlier but rented a car for 4 hours and shopped !!!! - not my favorite passtime & flem home at 8:10 pm. Had a great 2 weeks on the Pearl

How was the back to back? How did the transition between the two go? I am just curious on how the do it. We will be on a back to back in NOV.

Archived