2008 Europe Itineraries Open Today - Jouney included!

Commodore Suzy

I attended a seminar last night where the Celebrity sales rep in the back of the room gave us a ***This email just in*** notification that Journey will be part of the 2008 Europe itineraries opening TODAY.

I'm going to go look them up on the official TA site for Celebrity and report back what I find.

I attended a seminar last night where the Celebrity sales rep in the back of the room gave us a ***This email just in*** notification that Journey will be part of the 2008 Europe itineraries opening TODAY.

Thanks for the 'heads-up' Suzy - did they say which ship they'll use for Bermuda in 2008?

OK, so I checked the facts and I couldn't decide if I should just request this whole thread be deleted, or got with it. But it's too late NOW.

The newsflash from the back of the room was Journey CLASS "Celebrity Quest" will be doing Europe. Dang, got it wrong and I usually only post really accurate info.

I don't know what else will be doing what, or when they'll open. For some reason, we got a press release saying approximately when the following releases would come out for RCL when their Europe opened, but not the Celebrity ones.

--

I'm sure April 8 is soon enough to book unless you want something only offered once on the small Quest. Then, I'm not sure.

--

It'll take me a bit to write up all the details. They don't seem to have too many itineraries that are exactly the same as last year, so I'll write it all up for you and be back.

The newsflash from the back of the room was Journey CLASS "Celebrity Quest" will be doing Europe. Dang, got it wrong and I usually only post really accurate info.

Not a problem ... it's all good news:) I think that class is a great size for Europe. I would like to sail on Journey to Bermuda, so hope she stays for another season.

I posted this in another thread:

Various UK-based on-line travel agencies have them. Much the same mix as last year:-

Summit doing 12 nights shuttles from Barcelona to Venice & vice-versa;

Galaxy doing 10 & 11 night cruises from Rome into the Aegean;

Century in northern Europe (Amsterdam) and doing 12-night Baltic cruises until September, then doing 11 and 10 night circulars from Barcelona;

Connie - N Europe?

Journey - various 14 night cruises in the Med. Look interesting (unusual, smaller destinations) but I was hoping for a mix of 10, 12 and 14 night cruises, as Oceania do.

And there appears to be a big gap in Galaxy's schedule between early April and the end of May....!

The three ships for 2008 Europe are Constellation, Century and Quest. I'll post Quest first, as it looks like really new and different stuff you're probably most interested in.

Here are the ports for the Quest itineraries:

Celebrity Quest ~ all 14-night itineraries in the Med ~

“Best of Italy” 4/26/08, 9/13/08

Rome, Bari, Split, Venice, Ravenna, Taormina, Sorrento, Porto Cervo, Florence, Rome

“Cannes Film Festival” 5/10/08

Rome, Bonifacio, Portofino, Florence, Cannes, Provence, Sete, Barcelona, Mahon, Tunis, Rome

“Western Mediterranean” 5/24/08, 8/30/08, 9/27/08

Rome, Sorrento, Valletta, Tunis, Barcelona, Sete, Provence, Monte Carlo, Portofino, Florence, Rome

“Ancient Empires” 6/7/08

Rome, Sorrento, Santorini, Chios, Istanbul, Canakkale, Bodrum, Fethiye, Antalya, Limassol, Alexandria, Athens

“Ancient Empires” 10/11/08, 11/8/08

Rome, Sorrento, Heraklion, Crete, Chios, Istanbul, Canakkale, Bodrum, Fethiye, Antalya, Limassol, Alexandria, Athens

“Ancient Empires” 10/25/08

Athens, Canakkale, Istanbul, Chios, Bodrum, Fethiye, Antalya, Limassol, Alexandria, Heraklion, Sorrento, Rome

“Greece & Turkey” 6/21/08, 7/19/08, 8/16/08

Athens, Ephesus, Chios, Santorini, Nauplion, Gythion, Delphi, Taormina, Sorrento, Monte Carlo, Florence, Rome

“Black Sea” 7/5/08, 8/2/08

Rome, Sorrento, Santorini, Ephesus, Chios, Istanbul, Sinop, Yalta, Sevastopol, Odessa, Varna, Athens

Constellation is doing the Baltic / Scandinavia area ~

I guess I won’t list all the ports on these but I’ll give you an idea. (Since she DOES do similar to 2007)

“Scotland & Ireland” 4/24/08

Harwich, Edinburgh, Inverness, Belfast, Dublin, St. Peter Port, Harwich

Then 14-night Scandinavia & Russia, I’ll give the start and end ports:

Harwich round-trip: 5/3/08, 5/17/08, 5/31/08, 6/14/08, 8/2/08, 8/16/08 Three different itineraries (same colors repeat).

Harwich to Copenhagen 6/28/08

Stockholm to Harwich 7/19/08

There appears to be a gap 7/12 – 7/19 for 7 nights and the ship moves from Copenhagen to Stockholm. My guess is this is a cruise marketed to the Europeans and not so much US-marketed.

And, just for the record, the only ship itineraries I can see official USA TA press announcements on are the three I mentioned. Makes me believe that they’re doing a lot of ‘marketing specific ships to specific markets’. [Or they just don’t have all the facts out yet since this is the launch date?]

This is common practice (to market to specific countries for certain sailings and adjust the offerings for those folks' tastes), but it makes it weird for us cruise-addicted folks to figure out everything with these strange gaps in the schedule!!! :confused:

I noticed Tom UK doesn’t have Connie info, and I don’t have Summit, Journey or Galaxy. Hmm…. So, do we really think Journey AND Quest are doing exotic Med stuff in the summer of 2008?

Thanks Suzy - is there an overnight in Istanbul on any of these itineraries?

YES for sure on the 6/7/08 "Ancient Empires". Arrives Istanbul 11am, departs 7pm the next day.

They don't seem to have the October and November Ancient Empires sailings loaded yet in the thing that I can search, so I don't know.

FYI I'm posting from a press / flyer that simply lists itineraries, sailing dates and ports, but not the port times or sea days (i.e. not the exact itinerary). I have to go off searching elsewhere for port times... and they seem to still be working on that area as of this hour!

My mistake - Suzy is right, it's Quest in the Med, not Journey.

But I'm definitely seeing Galaxy, starting 30 May out of Rome, doing 10 & 11 night cruises similar to this year's - 11-nighter includes Istanbul, 10-nighter doesn't.

My mistake - Suzy is right, it's Quest in the Med, not Journey.

But I'm definitely seeing Galaxy, starting 30 May out of Rome, doing 10 & 11 night cruises similar to this year's - 11-nighter includes Istanbul, 10-nighter doesn't.

I'm sure you're right about Galaxy, but I just don't see it.

In the past I've mostly sold Princess (don't shoot me!), and I know they often have 7-night sailings in the Europe program that they don't market to the US customers, even though the ship is there and we can see the gap in the schedule!

Here is the Century info ~

Century 2008 ~ She really gets around, spending part of the year home-ported in Amsterdam and part in Barcelona. Just like this year.

“Scandinavia” 5-nights 5/12/08

Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Oslo, Amsterdam

“Scotland & Ireland” 12-nights 5/17/08 & 5/29/08

Amsterdam, Edinburgh, Inverness, Kirkwall, Belfast, Dublin, St. Peter Port, Le Havre (Paris / Normandy), Amsterdam

“Scandinavia & Russia” 12-nights 6/10/08, 6/22/08, 7/16/08, 8/9/08

Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Tallinn, Klaipeda, Amsterdam

“Arctic Circle & North Cape” 12-nights 7/4/08, 7/28/08

Same itinerary as 7/9/07, you can see it online

“Ireland & Norwegian Fjords” 10-nights 8/21/08

Amsterdam, Cork, Dublin, Belfast, Alesund, Flam, Bergen, Amsterdam

“Best of Europe” 8-nights 8/31/08

Amsterdam, Brussels, Cherbourg, Vigo, Lisbon, Tangier, Barcelona

“Western Mediterranean & Morocco” 11-nights 9/8/08, 9/29/08, 10/20/08, 11/10/08

Barcelona, Provence, Nice, Florence, Rome, Ajaccio, Gibraltar, Casablanca, Tangier, Barcelona

“Western Mediterranean” 10-nights 9/19/08, 10/10/08, 10/31/08, 11/21/08

Barcelona, Provence, Nice, Florence, Rome, Naples, Valletta, Tunis, Barcelona

If I learn of more, I'll report back. I've never gotten an opportunity to report "opening today!" for Celebrity before, as they just don't send it out with bells and whistles to agents as well as other lines.

I'm just so fortunate I went to a Celebrity training class last night and what great timing that was!!!

I love the Journey class. Butlers for EVERY cabin. Man, I'd love to try that!

I posted this in another thread:

:) Good morning,

GALAXY is undergoing a major refurbishment '' a la Century'' in Spring '08....thus the gap in her sked.

Millie staying in NorthAmerica ???

Cheers

;)

When I went to Celebrity's website to peruse their 2008 itineraries, that web page indicated that my browser is not set up to accept java script and that will affect my ability to use their website. Yet, when I went into my internet tools to enable java script, it was already set up as per Celebrity's instructions. Has anyone else had this problem with Celebrity's website today?

Cruisingdelt, we just booked the same cruise about 1/2 hour ago! But we booked an inside cabin...oh, well, we'll have to visit your balcony!!

We did the Constellation to the Fjords a couple of summers ago and we loved it so much that we chose this cruise. The fjords are one place to be on a boat/ship, that's for sure.

Are your kids coming with you? How old are they? If they like nature and adventure, they will love it.

Does anyone have info on the TA's heading eastbound next spring? I can't seem to find out what month the ships are going to Europe.

Thanks

The TAs for 2008 won't be available until April 11. But all ships seem to be sailing in April.

Floris

Babylene,

The kids will be there. By that time they will be 20 and 17 so I guess they won't really be kids anymore. With my DW our cabin will be a bit congested. If the scenery is even half as good as Alaska this will be great but from what I have read and heard it may be better!!! In about a year I will post a roll call. See you in Norway:)

How do you find out this info? Do you know the dates of other product launches?

Hi Suzy !

Here is my post, from the Celebrity 2008/2009 itineraries thread. This is what I was told by Celebrity. So far, its been accurate :

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everyone !

Here are the dates I was given today by Captains Club, that the 2008/2009 itineraries should be released. Please do not be annoyed with me if these dates do not turn out to be accurate, but this is what I was told :

March 15 - Europe

April 4 - Panama Canal, Northeast Regions

April 11 - Transatlantic & Repositioning Cruises, Alaska, Hawaii, Pacific Northwest Region

April 18 - Caribbean

Archived