Is Princess better than Celebrity?

terrierjohn

It all depends on what you mean by "better".....

I give Princess an A for better itinerary

I give X an A for better service

Both IMO are equal in food quality and accomodations.

We have been on 10 Princess cruises and 14 X cruises. We switched from Princess to X for the better service we expericnced on X.

Celebrity by a long shot. As you may be able to tell, I'm a little biased. Also seeing that 4 out of our last 5 cruises have been on Celebrity, including the next one, it pretty much answers the question. The one other cruise ship we went on, not including the two to Bermuda when I didn't know a cruise ship from a row boat, was in this persons opinion terribly. Not so good on service, fair to middle food, not clean at all, plain cabin decor, and yes I agree, the crew was not at all friendly. Maybe if they didn't work them so hard they would be. Give the artwork on Celebrity a negative mark though. I'm still trying to figure out what some of those things were supposed to be. But, it is also my opinion and everyone has there own about cruise lines and ships in general.

I've never been on HAL's smaller ships (70 and less), but their Vista ships (Zuiderdam, Oosterdam,Noordam and Westerdam) definitely don't provide better experience... (
Oh, sorry to hear you had bad service on HAL because we had the opposite experience. We found the on-board service on Celebrity to be good (corporate office customer service is terrible though) but HAL to be better. We have cruised the small and large HAL ships and found service on both to be great.

Have a great next cruise,

Donna

Donna,

Normally the HAL cruises I like are like 16+ days, which just doesn't work if I want to keep working.:) I am sure I will like them when I try them.

I hear you (we're in our mid-40s so will be working for quite a few more cruises). :) I see that we just barely missed booking the same Med cruise this year, so hopefully our paths will overlap in the future. In the meantime, happy sailing to you.

Donna

Archived