Eastern Europe Pictures

Carhut

These are some of my pictures from my trip Eastern Europe to the Black Sea on GCT River Adagio in 2005. We started with 3 days in Prague, got bussed to Budapest and there we took the boat on the Danube to the Black Sea. From there we had a train ride to Bucharest. It was an interesting trip, but not particularly scenic. There we saw the evidence of the former 40 years of communism and also evidence of the wars this part of the world has endured.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Carhut/EasternEurope

Hi Carhut

Great photos! I know shooting from inside a bus does not get you the best shots sometimes - if you download Google's Picasa you will be able to straighten some of the ones that are a bit off kilter.

Your pics of the buildings with war damage are stirring. I saw evidence of that as well on our Amsterdam to Budapest tour. It's a good reminder why not to do that kind of thing anymore. Wouldn't it be nice if it were to stop world-wide!!

One question - what's with the add in your post?

Buck

These are some of my pictures from my trip Eastern Europe to the Black Sea on GCT River Adagio in 2005. We started with 3 days in Prague, got bussed to Budapest and there we took the boat on the Danube to the Black Sea. From there we had a train ride to Bucharest. It was an interesting trip, but not particularly scenic. There we saw the evidence of the former 40 years of communism and also evidence of the wars this part of the world has endured.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Carhut/EasternEurope

Carole - I really enjoyed your webalbum of your Prague -> Black Sea cruise. Putting the city's name on the first photo from that city made it easy to match your pictures with my memories. We did the Budapest->Prague Christmas Markets cruise on Amadeus' Amadagio last December. I especially appreciated your shots of Szentendre as my battery had died earlier the day we did the Danube Bend. The photos downriver from Budapest will be viewed at least a few more times before we do the Black Sea Discovery cruise next October. Did you go to Istanbul? We have a bunch of questions if you did. Thanks again, WIT

WIT - No, I didn't go to Istanbul. We flew home from Bucharest. Our post trip was to Translyvania, but we didn't take it.

Buck - I have no idea what the add is doing on my post. Also I did download my pictures from Picasa and had tweaked some of them. Yes, pictures through bus windows aren't so good, but it's either that or nothing. Some subjects are just too good to miss. So we just put up with the reflections. Don't think I can erase them. I'll go back and give it a look though and see what I can do.

Carole

WIT - No, I didn't go to Istanbul. We flew home from Bucharest. Our post trip was to Translyvania, but we didn't take it.

Buck - I have no idea what the add is doing on my post. Also I did download my pictures from Picasa and had tweaked some of them. Yes, pictures through bus windows aren't so good, but it's either that or nothing. Some subjects are just too good to miss. So we just put up with the reflections. Don't think I can erase them. I'll go back and give it a look though and see what I can do.

Carole

Carole, Buck, (tatatom too) I'm a loyal Picassa user as well, but I just read in Travel Insider that Adobe will be offering an online version of their photo software for free ($ will made by selling advertising, which Cruise Critic is now doing as well). I wonder if PhotoSHop has a way of handling window reflections? I might switch. WIT

Carole - I really enjoyed your webalbum of your Prague -> Black Sea cruise. Putting the city's name on the first photo from that city made it easy to match your pictures with my memories. We did the Budapest->Prague Christmas Markets cruise on Amadeus' Amadagio last December. I especially appreciated your shots of Szentendre as my battery had died earlier the day we did the Danube Bend. The photos downriver from Budapest will be viewed at least a few more times before we do the Black Sea Discovery cruise next October. Did you go to Istanbul? We have a bunch of questions if you did. Thanks again, WIT

I saw your posting about Istanbul ... Just returned from the Nautica( Oceania Cruise Lines) if i can help you drop me a note... whyme71842@aol.com( david)

Archived