NCL Sea - Cash or credit cards in port?

We were in those ports last December. Dollars are accepted anyplace. Some of the smaller shops in Roatan probably wouldn't have a credit card machine, it is pretty primitive. Credit cards would be O.K. most of the places in Cozumel, and also the bigger stores in Belize. We just used cash and had no problems anyplace. I wouldn't carry more cash on me than I planned to spend however.

Generally credit cards are best because you will usually get the best conversion rate. BUT, as stated before, US Dollars would be better in Roatan and Belize. Most of the vendors won't have a credit card machine. I don't hink any taxi will take a credit card. If you go to any of the resorts or beach areas, they will take credit cards.

If you don't want to leave home with a lot of cash, you can cash a check at the pursers desk before you leave the ship. There is also an ATM machine on the ship. I believe the service charge is $3 for each use.

Hope this helps. Have a wonderful cruise.

Archived