RCI cost me an extra $1500 !!!

My wife & I just returned Sunday from the Vision of the Seas. And due to the fact that RCI had the nerve to change to very comfortable, new, king size (after putting 2 singles together) beds in the cabins my wife & I can no longer sleep on our old queen sized bed. So last night we were FORCED to go out and buy a new king size bed. Thanks, RCI for a great vacation, and an added expense.

My wife & I just returned Sunday from the Vision of the Seas. And due to the fact that RCI had the nerve to change to very comfortable, new, king size (after putting 2 singles together) beds in the cabins my wife & I can no longer sleep on our old queen sized bed. So last night we were FORCED to go out and buy a new king size bed. Thanks, RCI for a great vacation, and an added expense.

Just FYI, you can often get a good deal on sheets, etc. on Ebay.

I feel your pain - everytime we stay in a Westin property and sink into those heavenly beds I want to get their bed with all the trimmings. What stops me is that they only sell white at retail (we've seen tan in Arizona but not on the website). With the number of cats & dogs who sleep on the bed with us (or is it the other way around?) we'd be at the laundromat daily!:eek:

Have you gotten a new bedspread, comforter or duvet yet? What about new shams? And don't forget that the walls may now need to be repainted since they might not match new bedding. it might get much worse. Best wishes.

Too funny! You were probably long overdue for a new bed anyway so look at it as an investment! LOL

I too loved the Westin beds and did my best to replicate it several years ago. Fortunately I live in NJ where there are lots of stores with sales. I chose an alternative down comforter. It is soft, comes in colors and is a lot cheaper then down. I bought down pillows on sale. A thinner, less expensive down pillow on top of my regular pillow works fine. Watch the Sunday paper or try one of those online sites. I was also able to find high threadcount sheets on sale. And I snagged one of those new bed toppers for my bed for half price. I tried a featherbed but it was just too high and the bed looked funny so I took it right back.

Now I am spoiled. I am disappointed when I go to a hotel/cruise without the newer bedding.

My wife and I once went on a cruise and nine months later our son was born. (!) Let's see:

Diapers

New Bike

Braces

Car

College

That $1500 bed starts looking pretty darn reasonable....

- Ken :D

My wife and I once went on a cruise and nine months later our son was born. (!) Let's see:

Diapers

New Bike

Braces

Car

College

THAT'S a good one!!! lololol :D

LMAO! Great to hear from a happy cruiser! At least you didn't have to hire a cabin steward for your house! YET! :D

Diapers

New Bike

Braces

Car

College

You just informed the entire world why that ship was rocking so much on calm seas. The $1500 is really affordable compared to a new rug rat ;)

That may be an undeserved compliment, but I'll take it!.....

- Ken

A 2fer1 here a compliment and a solved mystery, I am sure the crew thought the stabilizers were messed up. Or could it have been a POD problem? Now they can sleep easier. Oh yes how old is the rug rat? Is the youngster cruising with you yet. :D

ROFL......you know the new bedding is connected to the carpeting.....the carpeting is connected to the master bath.....the master bath is connected to the wall color in the bedroom with the new bedding....the new bedding is connected to the hall....the hall is connected to other sections of the house and the wall colors.....and all that is connected to your wallet!!! :eek:

Whew....I think I've just talked myself out of painting an accent wall in the AZ room! :D

Too funny. So I guess the new bedding is a hit . . .:D

Archived