Family Oceanview Cabins

I am considering booking a family oceanview cabin on Deck 8 on the Adventure of the Seas. Has anyone stayed, viewed or taken pictures of either cabin 8500 or 8200? These cabins are shaped differently and appear to have more space than the other FOVs on other decks. I have seen pics of the Freedom class (sq footage is bigger) but not of the older Voyager class ships. Please help

Thanks!

I can't speak for Adventure of the Seas but we had one on Radiance and it was wonderful. It was on the front corner of the ship deck 8 and was huge! Much bigger than the junior suite we had on Grandeur and it had 2 seperate bedrooms.

Well to be honest, in Summer 05, we were on a cruise (Explorer) and some family members had a family oceanview (8500), and it was wonderful! You walked in, and you were in the livingroom. To the left of the l/r was a room with bunk beds, a huge window, and storage space (along with a door). To the right of the l/r was the bathroom, along with the Master bedroom. It was huge! The l/r had a sofa that turned into a bed at night. Along with a coffee table and two big oversized chairs against the windows. Freedom, summer 06, same family members had same category on Freedom. Now, we all loved the ship itself (can't remember their room number)! However, their cabin was one big room! No privacy at all and to me, it did not seem as big. Hope this helps! We had adjoining promenade:) rooms on Freedom and loved them!

Thanks so much for the replies. Now I just have to decide between 8200 or 8500. Does anyone know which one is bigger? According to RCI's deck plans 8200 is bigger, but I have heard some people say that 8500 is actually the biggest with a different setup than 8200. We will have 3 kids with us so I need the maximum amount of space possible.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

We stayed in room 8500 on Voyager last year...Great room, much bigger than 8200. I know this because when we got to our room, the door to 8200 was open and the room attendant was in there. I asked if I could see it and he said yes. 8200 has 2 separate rooms.

8500 is actually 3 separate rooms.

As you enter there is a very large sitting room with 2 chairs, a sofa bed,2 tables, mini bar area, safe in the cupboards above the minibar,TV, large double door closet, and the bathroom which is over to the side(not big, but enough to give you room to move around)

There are 3 large port holes that look directly over the front of the ship.

As you are facing the windows in the main sitting area, to the right is a seperate room (no window) with bunk beds and a closet and table.

The main bedroom is off to the left of the main sitting area and has a queen/?king bed, a fairly large closet,a side table next to the bed on one side, the side closest to the window, (the other side doesn't have a table as it has the closet there), a vanity with drawers etc., a TV and a large porthole.

Both of the bedrooms have doors for privacy.

Great room for a family. There were 4 of us and there was MORE than enough room.

I would book 8500 again in a heart beat!

PS: Did I mention that we originally had 2 inside rooms, and we upgraded to this room at the pier for an extra $300 total..what a bargain.

I looked at the prices and if it were booked upfront it would have cost $2750 more. We were just lucky I guess, because these rooms go fast, don't know why it was still available the day of the cruise. RC doesn't do the upgrade for less anymore.

We were on the Frredom this past February and they told me any upgrade would be at full face value, but that was on the Freedom, maybe other ships are different.

I would book it if I were you! Wonderful room that is worth the extra money!

Enjoy!

Archived