Indonesia shore tour tips?

matmar

We are on the Rhapsody of the Seas in Nov/Dec2007 with stops at the following ports:

Komodo, Indonesia

Lombok, Indonesia

Padang Bay, Indonesia

Does anyone have any shore tips for these ports?

Thanks

Mark & Matt

• 5 weeks later...

We stopped in Padang Bay on March 14, 2007. I organized a day tour for what turned out to be 12 people with Floressa Bali. Everyone on the tour thought they were excellent, and we did a very comprehensive tour compared to what the ship offered, and for less $$.

Floressa greeted us with flower leis and a packet containing our itinerary and 2 postcards. They provided 2 mini-vans for 6 passengers, which means we had 2 drivers and 2 English speaking guides. They even provided umbrellas for us, and when the van stopped, the guide would retrieve the umbrellas from the back and hold them for us as we exited the van. I felt like a sultan.

The most important thing is that they were very reliable. We wanted to attend a Kecak dance, and this didn't allow us much slack time for getting back to the ship. But their plan took traffic into account, and we actually got back to the ship earlier than we expected.

All 12 people were delighted with Floressa Bali and I heartily recommend them.

Sue

Although I am not the Op I want to thank you for your recommendation since I will be (God willin' and the Creek don't rise) back in Padang Bai next year aboard Holland America Line's ms Amsterdam.

This year when I was there I took a ship-sponsored tour to Mas and Ubud and thoroughly enjoyed it, except for the Barong Dance which seemed to go on forever - but that's another story.

One thing anyone visiting Padang Bai needs to know is about the vendors at the pier. They are loud and can be irritating, but you just need to smile and say "no thank you" and keep on moving.

I loved Bali and can't wait to go back.

Valerie:)

Archived