Gem Dec. Boston and NYC special cruise dates.

shoreguy

Not sure this has been posted but looking at a foot of show rather then start shoveling I thought a little cruise reasearch was a better option. Checking the port calendars here are the dates for the one and 2 night intro cruises for the GEM.

Boston

Norwegian Gem 12/12 1 Day Disembark

Norwegian Gem 12/13 1 Day

Norwegian Gem 12/14 1 Day Travel Agent Charter

Norwegian Gem 12/15 1 DayRepositioning

NYC

12/17 Norwegian Gem 2night

12/19 Norwegian Gem 1night

12/22 Norwegian Gem, Noordam

12/20 Norwegian Gem 2 night

Still confused - checking the NCL booking engine it shows a 2 day open for booking Boston/Boston on the 15th returning on the 17th starting around $400.

https://seaweb.it.ncl.com/consumer/

Boston port shows it gone on the 15th and NY port shows the Gem in NYC on the 17th.

http://www.massport.com/ports/cruis_sched.html

http://www.nycruiseterminal.com/sched.html#

If you follow thru to booking a cabin on the left hand side it says:

Vacation:

2-Day BAHAMAS-NYC

Vacation Start:

12/15/2007

Vacation End:

12/17/2007

Ship:

Norwegian Gem

Saw that - if you click on the itinerary you get the following.

DayEventLocationTime

SatDEPART BOSTON, US 4:00 PM

SunCRUISE 12:00 AM

MonARRIVE-DOCK BOSTON, US 8:00 AM

The Norwegian Gem, since it will most likely be sailing under the Bahamas flag, can't make a cruise from Boston to New York with paying passengers.

That would be a clear violation of the Passenger Services Act.

I'm not stating it can't sail from Boston to New York, just that it can't with passengers aboard.

The Norwegian Gem, since it will most likely be sailing under the Bahamas flag, can't make a cruise from Boston to New York with paying passengers.

I'm not stating it can't sail from Boston to New York, just that it can't with passengers aboard.

Good point, I forgot about that :( But it would have been a great way to see the Gem.

I'm wondering about this statement. I am sailing the Crown out of NYC on June 17th. The cruise before it ends June 16th in Philly (where I live). It does not look like there is a cruise from June 16th-only a repositioning. I would love to board early (of course at my expense) to save travel. It looks like it is sailing alone.

Also, the time I took the NCL Dawn 1 nighter it went to florida the next day, without passengers. I was told by our room steward that the ship would be getting a cleaning.

I'm wondering about this statement. I am sailing the Crown out of NYC on June 17th. The cruise before it ends June 16th in Philly (where I live). It does not look like there is a cruise from June 16th-only a repositioning. I would love to board early (of course at my expense) to save travel. It looks like it is sailing alone.

Also, the time I took the NCL Dawn 1 nighter it went to florida the next day, without passengers. I was told by our room steward that the ship would be getting a cleaning.

The Passenger services act prevents the transportation between different US ports unless it goes to a distant foreign port. So you can't leave from Phil and return to NY from Bermuda(its not a distant foreign port its a near foreign port). You could if the ship left Philadephia went to Aruba and then returned to NY....Aruba is one of the closet distant foreign ports. So Boston to NY is a no no. As is Phila to Ny to Bermuda return to NY...

There is a sailing from Phily to Bermuda and returns to Philly on the 16th of June.

I am boarding in New York on the 17th to Bermuda and Back to NY.

Okay, the ship is repositioning from Philly to NY overnight on the 16th.

My question is, they can sail from Philly to NYC as long as there are no passengers? Because this is the current schedule .

My question is, they can sail from Philly to NYC as long as there are no passengers? Because this is the current schedule .

sure why not they are not violating the PSA since they aren't transporting passengers between the two ports....its not far its an easy sail for them

sure why not they are not violating the PSA since they aren't transporting passengers between the two ports....its not far its an easy sail for them

Thanks for clairifying.

Also, I'm awaiting the schedules for NCL and Princess for ALaska. Princess I was told May. I hope NCL is before that.

Archived