Recent Celebration Cruisers I need a fix

tigerdadky

Three weeks from today I will be drinking my first drink of the day aboard the fun ship celebration. Recent cruisers please give me your recent experiences and also any pics will be greatly appreciated. I promise a great review once I get home.

Three weeks from today I will be drinking my first drink of the day aboard the fun ship celebration. Recent cruisers please give me your recent experiences and also any pics will be greatly appreciated. I promise a great review once I get home.

We were on Celebration 2 weeks ago. Here's a pic of one of the towel animals. I do have all the capers but don't know how to scan them in. You will LOVE the ship and the crew. We had such a great time!!!!:) :) :)

47b7dd24b3127cce82593226513600000015100AcNWrlm0aNWOg

I also, am going on my second (my then new wife's) first, and would love to see some pictures! I have been slowly putting things on my list and in my cruise pile. I would love to read some more reviews on the Celebration and see the capers!

Has anyone parked your vehicle at the JAX pier for the duration of the trip? I can't find any other posts regarding this info. I don't want their to be a security issue by leaving my car at the port.

I read (on another message board) that JAX cruise terminal parking was good and was $12/day. Can't say first hand though.

We are flying in, using Carnival transfer to the ship, but still trying to figure out what we'll do @ disembark, as we are staying in JAX through Monday. We're on Celebration 5/19.

Looks like we should keep this thread alive and share our info with one another!

JAX cruise terminal is 12.00 per day. Used it last October and was fine. It was great to have your car right there when the ship docked. We self-assisted off the ship, went to the car, hit I-95 north and was home in 4 hours.

we just got back in feb. and we had a real good time on the celebration,we were on it for 5 day everyone on the was so nice to us and they was a lot to do.the rooms was nice and the food was real good. we lift are car at the jax parking lot and it was 40.00 and they keep a good eye on it and we were on the celebration by 11:oo.hope you all have a good time we are going back in oct. have fun:)

Has anyone parked your vehicle at the JAX pier for the duration of the trip? I can't find any other posts regarding this info. I don't want their to be a security issue by leaving my car at the port.

There are hotels in Jacksonville that you can stay at the night before the cruise and park your car for free for the duration of the cruise. We are going on the Celebration in June, staying at the Best Western the night before and leaving our car there, and they have a free shuttle to and from the port. Just a money saving suggestion:)

Lisa

My only problem is, is that I'm staying at the Amelia Island Plantation two days prior to leaving and the shuttle from there is something like $40 p/p, one way! Thats why I was considering staying there (it's gorgeous!) and parking my car myself for the rest of our trip. Thanks for the input though! I do like the idea about keeping this thread alive... the Celebration may be small... but it can hold it's own!

As this is an older ship, I'm wondering if Celebration has a self laundry room. They never show them on the deck plans...I never assume there's one anymore, as went on Zuiderdam a few yrs ago and they didn't have one. We're staying on in Jacksonville a few days and it would be great to repack clean clothes for the next "leg" of our vacation.

I just returned from a 4-night cruise on the Celebration last week. Sorry, I didn't save the capers. Parking at the JAX port is great! As another poster mentioned, it is $12 per day, payable when you arrive, and you can pay cash or with a credit card. It also seems very secure. And, last but not least, it is VERY close to the terminal! The Jacksonville port is by far the nicest port we've ever used.

The Celebration was great! I cruised on a bigger ship (Triumph) last summer, but the Celebration did not disappoint. I took my DD on her first cruise, and she absolutely loved it. I didn't make it to any of the lounges, but we saw both of the shows. I like the Extreme Country show best, but my mother and MIL preferred the Standing Room Only show (Broadway play hits).

The cruise director was really good - Skip Lyons, I think. The asst. director and social hosts were fine, also. The food was great (as usual on a Carnival cruise).

Have a great trip!

DH and I are sailing on a 5-day Celebration cruise in May to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversay. It will be our 3rd Celebration cruise during the past 12 months and we had a Holland America Zuiderdam cruise in between in December. Yes, we are addicted to cruises :D We live just 50 miles west of Jax and also found the Jax port to be so convenient and the parking lot is very close to where you drop off your luggage. The lot is surrounded by very high fencing and looks quite secure.

We have really enjoyed the Celebration and are looking forward to sailing on her again in less than two months. Last week, I booked the Triumph for the week of Thanksgiving -- much larger ship, but she looks great from the pictures. We prefer balcony cabins and the Celebration only has a few and they usually cost alot more than what we can get a balcony cabin for on a ship built with many of that type of cabin, so that is the only drawback on accommodations.

Have a great cruise and enjoy the Celebration and Jax.

Carnival - 1995, 1998, 2006, 2006, 2007, 2007

Holland America - 2004, 2006

NCL - 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003

Royal Caribbean - 2002

Thanks for everyone's help. Does anyone remember seeing taxi's readily available at the port or do you think we should make transportation arrangements @ debarkation?

We're excited about cruising again (this one was kind of last minute), but we're used to 7 day cruises; afraid this one will be just too short!

DH and I sailed her late december.. the port was $12 and very safe and convienent to park. Because it was a quick get away and then X-mas I didn't post a review.

There is no atrium or main lounge... an odd set up. Dinning excellent and room service more limited than fantasy, yet adequate and timely. At the time there was a HUGE toppless deck, with excellent bar service:rolleyes: Night life was more limited as the ship was smaller... the piano player Don... was the worst I"ve ever seen but there was a very poorly announced band with a female singer in the aft lounge at night, whom were not only excellent but took requests at ease.... unfortunately only about 10 pax showed (the mexican deck party was re-scheduled inside due to rain) and no one knew:confused: Only because we saw them the prior night did we seek them out, they're a one liner on the capers.

we are night owls and were slightly bored at times, and we wandered, but with a ship this size, the dance club didn't always fit and that was just us.

Dinning was excellent, a welcome change from my fantasy cruise.... interesting table mates... all well suited on paper at least:D

The pools were VERY small, the inside lido deck has the old odd venue of a train station-depot type of thing with rails on the ceiling and such... RCI would have fixed that long ago, but it was whimsical-unusual and it somehow fit.

we did a 5 nighter.... key west- nassau... and loved the itinerary (I'd just done nassau myself so had fun playing tour guide to hubby).

The ship was clean, it had the new bedding that you never wanted to leave!... it lacked things we liked... but we knew this going into a small ship and we searched out for a close port with a small pax for the ambiance.... WE GOT IT, loved it, prefered a few things different (well we want it all don't we...?) but I would sail the celebration again in a second.

Preferences aside, that Don in the piano bar was the only thing we found lacking and in need of change... we loved the rest for the great small ship she is. The trolley on the promanade which serves sushi is a great new twist as well. I'd give this ship a solid 4 of 5 * rating!

We have many pics, just not on photobucket yet. e-mail me with ?'s

carol

nimbexed_n_down@hotmail.com

I as well, appreciate the reviews. Anything helps grasp a better knowledge of the ship prior to leaving. As long as I can have a DOD or libation, things will be just fine for myself and my new wifey. I think about this all the time... anyone else having that same problem?

Thanks everyone! May can't get here soon enough us. I think this will be a great trip for the kids. They have never been on a cruise and we are just looking forward to having a good time with them and not be overwhelmed with masses of people. I have heard the good and the bad about the Celebration. It seems to me the good out weighs the bad in most areas (or at least IMO).

Archived