swimming with the turtles in barbados?

emma06

Anyone know of a boat my father might be able to access so that he can watch my daughter swim with the turtles? He can use a walker on the boat, I just can't find an organization that has a boat they can get him on.

• 2 weeks later...

Emma,

I have actually found one that is willing to help my husband which is paraplegic and confined to a wheelchair on board their boat.

following is the name of the company and her e-mail addy

Tiami Catamaran Sailing Cruises (jo@funbarbados.com)

When are you going? I am undecided as to whether I want to go on this tour because none of our group wants to go and I don't want to snorkel with people that I don't really know...........

ndsumfun - great name! Thank you so much for replying! I've read good things about Tiami on this board. My father opted out of the Barbados tour, so we decided to go with the Thriller Ocean Tours. We'll be there on friday April 6th, on the Noordam. We're leaving on Saturday!!! I hope you have a wonderful time. Aren't you finding the caribbean's poor accessibility frustrating?

thanks! I like my name also!

as for accessibility yes, it has been very frustrating but i have found some really nice local people that are more than willing to help.

Our cruise is May 6th. exactly 1 month from yours!!! I hope you have a GREAT time!!! Be safe

ann :D

• 2 months later...

My husband and I will be taking a S. Carribean cruise in September on Royal Carribean Adventures of the Seas. He wants to swim with the turtles in Barbados. He is in a wheelchair but he still has a little upper body strength. The tiami Catamara cruise sound like a good thing. I thought I saw that on the list of the ships excursions.

Archived