What to do on board when not doing excursions?

Salene

Sailing on Sensation 6-3-07 and DH wants to stay on board while in Freeport. We are sailing with our DS 13 & 15, and I was wondering what is available to do, Did I read somewhere that the pools will be empty while in port? :o Should we just get off and make our way to the beach? DH is looking forward to doing nothing but relaxing, ;) but I don’t want the kids to be board. Thanks for any information that you can give!!!:p

I was suprised how many folks did not go into ports, so i'm not sure how empty the pools will be.

There is supposed to be better deals in spa, but probably not what kids are interested in :)

Can you can walk off the ship and grab some food and do a impromtu picnic or something, not an excursion but at least see some of the town (or is this a tender stop).

Hope you have a great cruise!

Check out the Freeport Port threads and perhaps you can find something that will provide relaxation for the DH and fun for the kids, or change of scener at least, like a beach or something. I would not miss the opportunity to get off the ship and do even just a little sightseeing.

There is NOTHING, and I repeat, NOTHING at Freeport but one small straw market! It looks like a big ol shipping port, with oil rigs or something out in the water! Half the buildings are empty. They did have a cool limbo guy on the dock-very impressive. But if you have kids, I would do some research and then, as suggested above, take a cab to one of the beaches, which I hear are nice. There is a lineup of them there, so that should not be a problem. We just shopped a little and then went back on the ship and relaxed. Much more to do in Grand Cayman, and Costa Maya (if you get there-:( )

Have no fear. The kids will not be bored at any point in time! We have two daughters the same age (13 and 15) and they always have a ton of fun. Be sure that on the first night your teens go to the teen meeting to make some friends and join the teen program. Once they find friends on the first night I garantee you won't ever see them (they will be having too much fun... without the folks:eek: ). lol Have a great cruise!

Thanks, for all the information, maybe I will hit the spa and then head to the beach. Does anyone know when the teen meet is usually held? I think that this will help keep them occupied.:)

Sailing on Sensation 6-3-07 and DH wants to stay on board while in Freeport. We are sailing with our DS 13 & 15, and I was wondering what is available to do, Did I read somewhere that the pools will be empty while in port? :o Should we just get off and make our way to the beach? DH is looking forward to doing nothing but relaxing, ;) but I don’t want the kids to be board. Thanks for any information that you can give!!!:p

Sometimes it's nice to just stay on the ship, enjoy it with less passengers. They will have activities for those who choose not to go ashore, (limited) and hey, who knows, maybe you'll even get a lounge chair at one of the pools without getting up at the crack of dawn ! Enjoy your cruise!:D

Archived