Question about repo cruises

mariakitty

My husband and I want to book two repo cruises in September for a mini-vacation. The first cruise is one-day from Seattle to Vancouver on the Golden, then we spend the night in Vancouver and board the Coral for a two-day cruise from Vancouver to San Francisco. Am I correct that this is legal because we will be boarding two different ships and we spend the night in Vancouver??

Also, I cannot find anything on the Princess site that says these cruises won't count towards our Captain's Circle status. If this is true, it would make as platinum for our 7-day cruise next year. Has anyone had any problems with this?

Maria

Yes, it's legal - I'm doing these exact cruises!! And you will credit for two cruises, which will take my wife to Platinum for our 12-day Europe cruise in 2008!! We have a roll call for both cruises, feel free to read those and post if you like.

Your cruises will count toward Capt'ns Circle, too!

And, since disembarkation and embarkation are in a foreign country (Canada), even if had been on the same day it would have been legal. The Passenger Service Act forbids foreign carriers (i.e., a Princess ship) from embarking and disembarking U.S. Passengers in U.S. ports without a foreign port of call.

The first cruise is one-day from Seattle to Vancouver on the Golden, then we spend the night in Vancouver and board the Coral for a two-day cruise from Vancouver to San Francisco. Am I correct that this is legal because we will be boarding two different ships and we spend the night in Vancouver??

Maria

100% legal since you'll be getting off the Golden and spending the night in Vancouver. I'm doing the same thing in 2008 and yes each cruise, no matter how short, counts for Captain's Circle. What you didn't ask about on the one-day cruise is do you put your bags out before you put your bags in. ;)

Your cruises will count toward Capt'ns Circle, too!

And, since disembarkation and embarkation are in a foreign country (Canada), even if had been on the same day it would have been legal. The Passenger Service Act forbids foreign carriers (i.e., a Princess ship) from embarking and disembarking U.S. Passengers in U.S. ports without a foreign port of call.

Vancouver in and out on the same day on the same ship, even though 2 cruises, is counted as a U.S. port for purposes of the Passenger Services Act. No B2B's on the same ship via Vancouver are allowed by Princess.

Archived