Tour or rental car

hawaii13

Is it better to rent a car and sight see on your own or are you better off with a tour as they can narrate and point out what you are seeing? We are going with a group, so our TA can arrange for a tour cheaper than what the cruise line provides. Basically you are paying for transportation & narration. Is that a better idea than driving it by yourself? To me, it seems the only thing you are missing is the narration. Are there stops along the way that let you know what you are seeing?

The two tours we are talking about is on Maui the Haleakala Crater & IOA Valley and on Kauai Waimea Canyon/Poipu Beach/Spouting Horn

I guess the basic question is if you go on your own, will you know what you are looking at? Do you need that much guidance at these places?

Is it better to rent a car and sight see on your own or are you better off with a tour as they can narrate and point out what you are seeing? We are going with a group, so our TA can arrange for a tour cheaper than what the cruise line provides. Basically you are paying for transportation & narration. Is that a better idea than driving it by yourself? To me, it seems the only thing you are missing is the narration. Are there stops along the way that let you know what you are seeing?

The two tours we are talking about is on Maui the Haleakala Crater & IOA Valley and on Kauai Waimea Canyon/Poipu Beach/Spouting Horn

I guess the basic question is if you go on your own, will you know what you are looking at? Do you need that much guidance at these places?

why not do both options?

Archived