Still Live, Still on the Golden from here to San Francisco

DonahCBrown

So did they confirm that this, indeed, was a Noro virus? I'm still wondering why the Princess customer service reps. are being so hush-hush about it, acting like they don't know a thing. Or, maybe they don't??? :confused: I suppose they just don't want to make it more than it is. But, still, it would be nice to know ahead of time so we can plan accordingly. If the ship is going to embark a couple hours later, I would like to inform my sister-in-law who would prefer not to hang around the terminal with her two young sons longer than they need to. Plus, it's just nice to know these kinds of things.

Came down to the Internet Cafe very early this morning to find that it was locked up tight again. The sign blamed it on satellite issues and the staff did also. When I went to the Purser Desk to inquire, I was told that the tech's onboard were working on a ship-borne issue with the Internet. They opened the Internet Cafe, but the speed remaining extremely slow.

Noro UPDATE--We all got a letter last night about the outbreak. We don't have any idea how many passengers or crew have been affected so far, the ship is taking full measures to control the outbreak. We have noticed two staterooms very near our's that were fully sanitized late yesterday. Handrails and other surfaces are being sanitized. Hopefully, the outbreak will be contained.

I also just got off the phone with Princess and the woman I spoke to put me on hold while she went and tried to find out any information re; the Golden. (She hadn't heard anything.) I had asked if they expected a delay with embarkation. She came back and said that there has been no news whatsoever that the Golden even had any illness on board. I repeated to her what I read here, but she still said that they hadn't heard anything. Weird. :confused: She thought it may just be that more people were suffering from seasickness. I wonder if they took extra precaution, anyway, so that's why they took up the salt/pepper shakers, bread baskets and had the staff serve people in the Horizon Court?? Or maybe Princess just doesn't want to make a big deal out of it, allowing the media to "go to town with it"? I sure hope it's not their intention to delay boarding and yet not inform us passengers ahead of time so we can plan accordingly. They would never do anything like that now, would they?! :rolleyes: Well, we'll find out on Thursday. In the meantime, I'm going to call again tomorrow for an update.

Yes there is an outbreak of NoroVirus. The staff is very cautious. Good to see.

Easykruz

Hello everyone,

Finally made it on after the computers decided to cooperate. By the way, Arlene just said to say hello as she was on her way to trivia.

One more day until we arrive in SF. This should be fun with the Golden and the Dawn docking the same day. What a zoo this should be for all those getting off and on the two ships.:eek: And then there's No Virus at the Princess head office but NoroVirus on board the Golden. :D

The skies have been overcast all day and the temperature has been a little cooler than previous days. If I can get on tommorrow I will give everyone an update, Hot Diggety Dog.:eek:

Easykruz,

Bill

At Embarkment in BA the cruise seemed long... I can not believe is it coming to an end. GREAT post from everyone THANKS... I have joined the cruise as if I was one of the "Lucky" posters. Say HI to all Arlene, Tony, and of course the helpers. IT has been a adventure I will probably never see in person. Safe trip home unpack and pack for the next cruise.

:) ;) :o :rolleyes: :)

Hello everyone,

Finally made it on after the computers decided to cooperate. By the way, Arlene just said to say hello as she was on her way to trivia.

One more day until we arrive in SF. This should be fun with the Golden and the Dawn docking the same day. What a zoo this should be for all those getting off and on the two ships.:eek: And then there's No Virus at the Princess head office but NoroVirus on board the Golden. :D

The skies have been overcast all day and the temperature has been a little cooler than previous days. If I can get on tommorrow I will give everyone an update, Hot Diggety Dog.:eek:

Easykruz,

Bill

Bill,

Just in case you can't get on tomorrow, let me give you my thanks for your great contribution to this thread. :D You have taken us on a great journey with your postings and pictures. Of course, it was complimented by others and with Jot Bill's help in posting your pictures. Thanks to all from all of us who cruised along with you.

Have a safe journey home on Thursday everyone, whether you are driving or flying. Until next time...............

Mary

We have looked forward to the posts here every day, and we certainly appreciate all those who have contributed. Thank you so much! It's been such fun traveling with you on this voyage. Hopefully one day we'll do the same. Enjoyed all the wonderful pictures and commentary along the way. Perhaps we'll bump in to some of you as we embark on Thursday!

We have looked forward to the posts here every day, and we certainly appreciate all those who have contributed. Thank you so much! It's been such fun traveling with you on this voyage. Hopefully one day we'll do the same. Enjoyed all the wonderful pictures and commentary along the way. Perhaps we'll bump in to some of you as we embark on Thursday!

I agree with the above! Thank you all for letting me "hitch" a ride on your cruise.

Received a call from my travel agent to inform me that embarkation time has been changed from noon to 1PM - no mention of why - although probably because extra time needed for CLEANING - also reminded me that it is sailing out of Pier 27 so further down from the Dawn - although it does not have the facilities that Pier 35 does.

Asked about departure time - and she said the fax still shows 4PM and that she would advise me of any other changes she receives

Happy Sailing!

Received a call from my travel agent to inform me that embarkation time has been changed from noon to 1PM - no mention of why - although probably because extra time needed for CLEANING - also reminded me that it is sailing out of Pier 27 so further down from the Dawn - although it does not have the facilities that Pier 35 does.

Asked about departure time - and she said the fax still shows 4PM and that she would advise me of any other changes she receives

Happy Sailing!

thanks for the info

nonna!

I want to thank everyone that posted from the Golden and hope that someone will restart the posting on the April 12 cruise and let us know what is happening, I won't be leaveing for San Francisco till April 20 and we all very excited about this cruise. I have been to many of these ports before but will be traveling with a group of wonderful people so that is going to make this cruise very special. Everyone have a great trip home

Thanks for your TA update. 1 PM shouldn't be too bad. I was concerned that it might be more like 3 or 4 PM! But, then the crew can actually begin the deep cleaning even before everyone is off the ship. Hopefully, it will be in "ship shape" by the time we all board! And, more importantly, I hope we stay free of the Norovirus on our sailing! :)

Happy Sailing!

Do you think Princess will automatically enforce a Code Red for us passengers who are embarking on the 12th even if there is no issue with a Norovirus outbreak? Or will they have the regular precautions on board that they always have under normal circumstances? I sure would prefer to serve myself in the Horizon Court buffet.

I am scheduled to sail on the Golden the 22nd of this month, hopefully the ship will be OK......... We sailed on RCCL's Explorer of the Sea in December under a code "Red", what a pain that was.

Have to echo all the previous posters in thanking all those who graciously allowed us to vicariously enjoy the past month or so onboard. It was great! Safe journey home to all of you.

Special thanks to easykruz and JotBill for all the wonderful pix.

Arlene & Tony -- you've been missed :-(

Do you think Princess will automatically enforce a Code Red for us passengers who are embarking on the 12th even if there is no issue with a Norovirus outbreak? Or will they have the regular precautions on board that they always have under normal circumstances? I sure would prefer to serve myself in the Horizon Court buffet.

We were on the Dawn Princess out of SF last April. The cruise before us had a norovirus outbreak, although I don't know if it was a code red. Our embarkment was delayed for about an hour. We were allowed to serve ourselves in the buffet and there were no official reports of the norovirus on our cruise. Part way through our cruise, we noticed some spraying ..... one night coming out of the Princess Theater, one exit was closed because they were spraying in that area. At no time were we told of any cases of the norovirus but my friend did talk to some crew she knew and they did confirm to her that there were some cases on board. Also after our cruise, some posted on CC that they had been confined due to the norovirus. These cases could have been a low # and/or confined as we were allowed to serve ourselves at all times. Other than extra efforts for passengers to use the hand santizers ( before entering a dining area and when returning from port ), we did not notice anything else out of the norm. Enjoy your cruise and don't worry about it until when and if it happens.:D

Good Morning Golden Cruisers!:)

(& also you out there that are Landlocked)

Have a Great Last Day at Sea!:D

& looking forward to hearing more as you continue to San Francisco! ;)

"When I come home to you San Francisco, Your "GOLDEN" Sun will shine for me!"

"San Francisco...open your "GOLDEN" Gate...you let no stranger wait...outside your door."

Jot (WIWT) :eek:

golden_bridge.jpg

Bill,

Just in case you can't get on tomorrow, let me give you my thanks for your great contribution to this thread. You have taken us on a great journey with your postings and pictures. Of course, it was complimented by others and with Jot Bill's help in posting your pictures. Thanks to all from all of us who cruised along with you.

Have a safe journey home on Thursday everyone, whether you are driving or flying. Until next time...............

Mary

Mary,

Your very welcome.

Easykruz,

Bill and Vicky:)

Bill,

Just in case you can't get on tomorrow, let me give you my thanks for your great contribution to this thread. You have taken us on a great journey with your postings and pictures. Of course, it was complimented by others and with Jot Bill's help in posting your pictures. Thanks to all from all of us who cruised along with you.

Mary

Ditto ditto ditto..with a huge thanks to the camera crew .. we should hire you guys to do these

Caroline,

I'm for hire, just make me an offer I can't refuse.:D

Easykruz,

Bill:)

Have to echo all the previous posters in thanking all those who graciously allowed us to vicariously enjoy the past month or so onboard. It was great! Safe journey home to all of you.

Special thanks to easykruz and JotBill for all the wonderful pix.

Arlene & Tony -- you've been missed :-(

Your welcome.

Oh no, Mr. Bill, the cruise is almost over. (humor or silliness for the last time).:D

Easykruz,

Bill:)

Good Morning Friendly Cruisers,

Last night the ship did some rocking and rolling, and is continuing to rock and roll as I type this message. Internet speed is pretty fast this morning. Weather today per the Princess patter is as follows:

Wind northwesterly force 5 to 6, strong winds.

Sky overcast.

Moderate seas with a long low.

Northwesterly swell.

Where's the forecast of the temperature? Not posted in the Princess Patter today. I feel like we are swimming (cruising) against the current.

Tonight we set our clocks back the final hour (Pacific Time).

The movies today are Rocky Balboa (morning), Miami Vice (afternoon), and the Departed (tonight). Jonathan Kane (Sir Elton John) is in the Princess Theatre tonight (have seen the show before and it is a do not miss show). Maurizio is in th Promenade Lounge tonight. So the place should be rocking and rolling tonight, one wave or another.

It's been a great trip and I will miss everyone on board the ship as well as on land. Unless I am able to post this afternoon or tonight, I will say goodbye until we meet again.

Easykruz,

Bill and Vicky

Good Morning Golden Cruisers!

(& also you out there that are Landlocked)

Have a Great Last Day at Sea!

& looking forward to hearing more as you continue to San Francisco!

"When I come home to you San Francisco, Your "GOLDEN" Sun will shine for me!"

"San Francisco...open your "GOLDEN" Gate...you let no stranger wait...outside your door."

Jot (WIWT)

Goodbye and farewell Jot Bill wherever you are.

Easykruz Bill

easykruz

Yes, you are going against the current. The Japanese Current flows South along the Left Coast, so while coming North, you are "bucking" the current.

There is supposed to be rain showers in NorCA today.

I echo the above posters in that thank you very much for the live reports from the ship. It has been very entertaining. By the way I live 90 miles east of S.F. and it is raining right now and the winds are strong so hopefully it will not be too bad for you getting off and on the ship.

marilyn

Archived