Still Live, Still on the Golden from here to San Francisco

DonahCBrown

Bill & Vicky... Welcome home and thanks for a great "Live From". Hopefully all those that intend to post a future "Live From" will use this thread as a model. Much was learned about the cruise because we did not have to wade through all of the irrelevant posts.

Hi Clare,

Thank you!:) Actually I (w/easykruz aboard) did the 17 Days "Golden Live from" Rome to Ft Laud/New Orleans 11/29-12/14/06 & before that Tony did the Live from on the Golden B2B for 24 Days I believe in the Med. (He got off in Rome, when we got on, then he got on after New Orleans after we got off:D) (It sounds like we don't like each other:rolleyes: , but we will be on the Pacific Princess together Sydney to Tahiti, in 2 weeks.);)

My Best!

Jot:)

and i did enjoy all those threads plus the btb you did to the panama canal, tony's tahiti, arlenes carib. i had been blessed to have done all those places and while it was wonderful seeing them again thru anothers eyes, this last sailing from b.a. to s.f has truly been fantastic. i know i will never be able to go to those places now so really do appreciate the postings. ...and travel vicariously to far away places.

i am sooo jealous of you all going to tahiti---my absolute favorite place!! would be all packed and ready to go again in an hour if given the opportunity. good "talking" to all of you. those leaving the cruise, safe journey home. clare

Received a call from my travel agent to inform me that embarkation time has been changed from noon to 1PM - no mention of why - although probably because extra time needed for CLEANING - also reminded me that it is sailing out of Pier 27 so further down from the Dawn - although it does not have the facilities that Pier 35 does.

Asked about departure time - and she said the fax still shows 4PM and that she would advise me of any other changes she receives

Happy Sailing!

Your TA is better than Princess. One of their agents told me it sailed from pier 35. I told him he was wrong it was 27. After a bit of "back and forth" he finally said that it did indeed sail from 27 but returned to 35. Thanks for the bulletin. But he did say the same thing your TA said about the 1pm embarkation and 4 pm departure.

Just received a telephone call from Princess to alert me to the new time of 1PM for embarkation - I told her that I already knew that my agent had called yesterday.

She did say that everything was still on time for departure although could be delayed because of the later embarkation time.

I think I was first told about the Pier 27 the day after we booked and indeed does come back into Pier 35 - sorry if I confused anyone by not mentioning the return Pier.

Have a great cruise! - Glad that I could help with any updates

Thanks a lot everyone for the vicarious experience that you've afforded

us, and a special thank you to Easykruz Bill for answering our questions about

current movies, Noro, or whatever.

It was my intent originally to start a "Live from" thread then we sail on the 12th, but in light

of the potential Noro situation, I think I'll just stay away from computer

keyboards altogether.:D

Happy

Bill & Vicky... Welcome home and thanks for a great "Live From". Hopefully all those that intend to post a future "Live From" will use this thread as a model. Much was learned about the cruise because we did not have to wade through all of the irrelevant posts.

?????

It was my intent originally to start a "Live from" thread then we sail on the 12th, but in light of the potential Noro situation, I think I'll just stay away from computer keyboards altogether.:D

Happy

Just use the hand sanitizer available in the Internet room

No need to start a new thread, just continue this one.

Sure have enjoyed this Live Thread! Thanks again to all who took time to post. Now I hope you guys who go on the Tahitian Princess will post during or after. I set sail in June! So, I'm very interested to hear your reviews!

All the best to you aboard the Golden! Gabrielle

Thank you to both Bill's for doing such a spectacular job in covering for the two absent spectacular posters. May all FOUR return to warm our hearts with their posts.

Judy

Ditto, a big thanks to all for posting and giving us such a wonderful trip along with you. Thanks for the excursion reviews and pictures, we are going to miss you all.

With the limited internet packages now in effect, I guess we won't be seeing too many "live" threads. Thanks for making this one very interesting and informative. Maybe one of the "suite" passengers will post live if they still get unlimited free internet.

Goodbye Golden Cruisers!:)

(& also you out there that are Landlocked)

Have a Great Last Night at Sea!:D

& looking forward to hearing more as you continue your Future cruises! ;)

"When I come home to you San Francisco, Your "GOLDEN" Sun will shine for me!"

"Adios Amigos"

Jot (WIWT) :eek:

golden_bridge.jpg

Back again for one last time.:eek: I would like to say a very big "YOUR WELCOME" to everyone. Let's keep this live thread going, It's up to you, new cruisers, coming on board tommorrow.;) Goodnight and Bye.

Easykruz,

Bill and Vicky:)

I hope that someone will continue to post we will be getting on the ship when the april 12 group will be getting off we would be interested to hear what is going on for sure.

Audrey, have a great time on your cruise. Wish I were going with you guys!:(

.....Your 'Golden' Sun will shine for me!"

Goodbye Golden Cruisers!:)

(& also you out there that are Landlocked)

Have a Great Day in the SF Bay Area!

"Adios Amigos" ;)

Jot Bill :eek:

(PS It has been my immense pleasure :) )

golden_bridge.jpg

This is a web cam looking at SF from Marin. I'm not sure if it's the Dawn or Golden but looking in front of the Bay Bridge you can see at least one of the ships.

Maybe Jot Bill could post this so it's already opened, I seem to be challenged in that area.

http://webmarin.com/

It should lighten up later in the day.

Dianne

Thanks Kent, I'm up in Auburn right now but it looks like they are having good weather. What's it like today?

Dianne

Hi Dianne,

I love Auburn. I used to spend a lot of time there.

Weather here is bright and sunny a drastic change from yesterday's rainy, cloudy, and windy.

Kent

This is a web cam looking at SF from Marin. I'm not sure if it's the Dawn or Golden but looking in front of the Bay Bridge you can see at least one of the ships.

Maybe Jot Bill could post this so it's already opened, I seem to be challenged in that area. http://webmarin.com/ It should lighten up later in the day.

Dianne

Camera.jpg

WOW, Bill it's like magic! Not bad for a first husband. (Just a joke everyone) Thanks Bill.

Kent~It is pretty here, I'm actually at my daughters house in Forestville, guess that's 12 miles out of Auburn. If I was in town I think I would have to be overlooking at the Golden and Dawn. Would be a wonderful day to take the ferry over.

Dianne

Archived