Still Live, Still on the Golden from here to San Francisco

DonahCBrown

Hello Dianne,

Disembarkation started 1/2 hour late, we were off the ship at 9:45am and by the time I found my luggage, a stevedor (sp?) and my car it was 11:00am when I drove away. As usual, passengers were hanging out in the Atrium that didn't belong there, but I'm use to it by now. Your very welcome for the postings of Machu Picchu. I wish Andy (Drandyl) would have added his experience of Machu Picchu, since he did an independent tour.Easykruz,Bill:)

Bill, your report about Machu Picchu was great as were all the rest under the difficult Internet circumstances.

Maybe Andy (Drandyl) will still post here after he's home? Andy are you reading this?:D

Dianne

Would it be absolutely gross to ask in very broad terms how much, say, an inside or oceanview on one of these very long cruises to more interesting places costs? In very broad terms, per week compared to the usual stuff. You seem to have visited rather more interesting - or at least different - places than the usual West Indian beaches and fally-downy European cities.

Thanks

Happyscot, I can't quote you on the inside or oceanview because when I decided to do the Antarctica trip I wanted to do it right...so I got a balcony room. I'm also a solo traveler so I paid a premium for any room I book. I know my daily room/board was over $325.

The cruise I've got coming up in 2008 is running about the same for another balcony room (Sun Princess). I definitely "pay" for the privledge of not having to share my closets!

I'm saving the West Indian beaches for when I'm sick of winter and I'll take fally-downy European cities anyway I can get them! (Edinburgh being one of my favorite fally-downy cities.)

oK now that the new Golden cruiser's have their sea legs... is anyone out there? Please, how is the trip south? Are you being pushed by the current?

What was the actual time you left SF. Will the time be made up on these sea days.... TAX DAY ALMOST HERE...YEA.. Did you file....

Well, I thought I had posted a "farewell" but evidently it didn't make it. Can't think of any reason it would have been removed, and our internet service was erratic at best.

Anyway, disembarkation was the usual sort of controlled chaos, and we were earlier than our SuperShuttle reservation, but did manage to get it moved up a bit.

No problems with luggage, some issues with crowd control and the numbers of folks trying to get off at the same time. Princess needs to work on how that is done, but I think they really wanted to get us all off so they could start their cleaning process.

Last two days of the cruise were VERY bumpy and I was a really unattractive shade of pale green for the last one. The last night was so bad I got up in the middle of the night to put all the hangers on the floor because they were sliding back and forth on the rod and making a huge racket.

I'd be really interested to hear from the newly embarked folks regarding the current situation re: the virus outbreak and if things are back to normal.

We're back home in Hawaii after the usual 5 hour flight home which was blessedly uneventful. Still rocking occasionally, and pretty tired, but getting caught up on everything, and will be posting a full review in a little while.

We really had a great time, enjoyed meeting all our CC friends and we're thinking about a reunion cruise already!

So long for now!

Gator Mom,I bet Jotbill could make that happen.

Yes, but only until next Sat, then off to the Pacific on the Pacific:eek:

(the other Bill{are you listening}, will be have to take over what can't be done from the Ship.

I noticed you have a very nice way of getting things done on this & other threads;) (You have acquired a few new traits:confused: )

T/J, I had a couple of snappy retorts for you but was afraid for the thread.

"Alice", Ditto, we could get in a lot of trouble, so let's not!:p

well...thx to JOTBIL...you guys sound like a fun group...I just started reading this thread... stay happy !!!!

Gator Mom, You are more than Welcome!:)

Jot

Good Morning "New" Golden Cruisers!:)

(& also you out there that are Landlocked)

Have a Great Day at Sea!:D

& looking forward to hearing more "Live from the Golden" as you continue to Acapulco! ;)

Jot:)

golden_bridge.jpg

Hi Donna, Dennis, Bill and Vickie

I figured I better post one last time as Bill was always trying to get me to post while on board. Bill don't forget that you are our designated reunion leader.

The cruise was great and it was alot of fun getting to know so many of the cruise critic posters. I sure don't miss the rocking and rolling of the last two days but I do miss having my meals prepared and brought to the table.

Aloha to my pals from the Golden! Hope everyone had great trips home. Looking forward to seeing you all again on board!

Bill, keep us all posted on the reunion cruise! Pictures are coming soon - Dennis is busy Photoshopping....:D

(& also you "Old" Golden Cruisers)

(or at home planning your next)

& looking forward to hearing some "Live from the Golden" as you continue to Acapulco! ;)

Jot Bill:)

golden_bridge.jpg

Ok all you Golden Cruisers!! How was your trip home and when do you do it again? Really enjoy the cruise from you posts.. Miss some of you. Will you Post again? Stay happy and enjoy. :)
You don't miss then all:confused:

You guys are having too much fun. Think I'll join you next time.

Pia

Next time:confused:

They are a good group here, I would love to hear from some of the people that are back from the cruise.

Dianne

Just some of them:confused:

Where is everybody...well...I'm just home counting down the days to my Alaskan cruise...& watching your WEB shot of San Fran Bay...

Yup, this same time, 7 days from now we will be in the middle of 20 Hrs:eek: of Flights to "Down Under"

Gator Mom, I'm here just jumpimg up and down hoping some past Golden Cruiser will come Talk to us:(

Ditto

BTW, you New little port hole is a keeper , why don't you put it in you sig for keeps;)

Dianneattachment.php?attachmentid=35465&stc=1&d=1169802315

(& also you "Old" Golden Cruisers)

(or at home planning your next)

& looking forward to hearing some "Live from the Golden" as you continue to Acapulco! ;)

Hello Earth?, Come in Golden?

Jot Bill:)

golden_bridge.jpg

You don't miss then all:confused:

Next time:confused:

Just some of them:confused:

Well, most of them:D . (Ted)

Thanks, I do like the eye in the port hole, I found a good site with lot's of animation that I have seen on the boards, it's the animation library . com (take out the spaces) They are free, choose from the column on the left. Kind of like Chinese food! Now this IS cruise related because people like to put icons in there post's

So Bill what did you do? Chase those people away? Guess we may have to wait for your trip on the 24th.

Dianne

Well, most of them . (Ted)

ROTFLMAO :D

Thanks, I do like the eye in the port hole, I found a good site with lot's of animation that I have seen on the boards, it's the animation library . com (take out the spaces) They are free, choose from the column on the left. Kind of like Chinese food! Now this IS cruise related because people like to put icons in there post's

So Why isn't it in your sig?:confused:

(I might steal it then, thanks for the site:) )

So Bill what did you do? Chase those people away?

I hope not!:eek:

Guess we may have to wait for your trip on the 24th.

I can't wait, can you tell:)

Dianne

Jot(Bill)

Archived