How do you know if the price drops?

missingmaui

We booked through an online travel agent- the price was about $200/person less than through the cruiseline directly. Since we didn't pay the cruiseline's price, how do we know if we're eligible for the price drop? Do we just call the agent every few weeks or so? I will call tomorrow, but the agency is closed tonight, and I want to know now!! Thanks!

Thanks, BBM! I can't wait. I think that we got a great deal, and we got exactly the room that we wanted. Honestly, we wouldn't have minded paying more (but don't tell the TA that! ;)), so I'm not that worried about a price drop. I just wondered how we'd know.

Honestly, we wouldn't have minded paying more (but don't tell the TA that! ;))

Your secret is safe with me.;)

Actually, looking at your date I wouldn't think that the price would drop any significant amount because that is Easter Sunday, isn't it? Most holiday sailings can book up and if the ship is filling, the price goes up instead of down. So you probably snagged yourself a deal early.:p

We booked through an online travel agent- the price was about $200/person less than through the cruiseline directly. Since we didn't pay the cruiseline's price, how do we know if we're eligible for the price drop? Do we just call the agent every few weeks or so? I will call tomorrow, but the agency is closed tonight, and I want to know now!! Thanks!

Calling your TA every few weeks for the next year will only make your TA angry. They have better things to do....

I would suggest if they have a web site to be checking on it. If you see it cheaper elsewhere, then call to see if your TA will match.

We just got back from our Australia / NZ cruise in Feb. About six months prior I noticed a big price drop for our catagory. Called up our TA and she was able to get it for us. We ended up having to give up an upgrade we got, but the drop in price was well worth it.

Where do I find the roll call for my sailing? I'd love to be able to share the excitement with someone else- even though I'm probably the only one who's already booked! :p

Check the 'Roll Call' section from the main page of the boards. Look for your sailing by ship and date. If no one has posted yet, you can start your own thread for your date and wait to see if anyone responds. May take awhile but I'm sure you'll be able to find somone!

Where do I find the roll call for my sailing? I'd love to be able to share the excitement with someone else- even though I'm probably the only one who's already booked! :p

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Check here and find your ship name. Yeah if you start a roll call you might be a little early :)

Check the other roll cal threads and see when the 1st post was started compared to the cruise date to give youan idea when to start your roll call or when to look for one that will start up.

Archived