Tubing Excursion through Royal

justbecause_16

I am doing a tubing excursion through Royal and was wondering, while tubing, do we have to wear our shoes and clothes? That is because we are being taken up to the site, and then tubing down to a ruin. We aren't doing the cave tubing. What do we do about our clothes and shoes? Thanks!

All the cave tubing are from one location. The operators lock all your valuables in the vehicles you arrive in. You will probably hike to your drop off point. Clothing and proper walking shoes are required (terrian can be slippery). You will change to dry clothing after you return to your vehicle.

Water shoes would be best. You walk to the river (about 20-25 minutes I believe), so you need good walking shoes. Water shoes like tevas work great (I wore my chacos--perfect) because once you are in the water they will stay on (unlike flip flops). You could wear tennis shoes but they will get soaked. I wore a bathing suite, shorts and a tank top and left it all on in the tube. I brought a change of clothes that I left locked in the van for after the tubing. It was HOT when we were there (Sept.) so staying in wet clothes for a little bit until we made it back to the van was no problem!

Since you're not cave tubing and are touring a ruin after tubing, I'm not sure what you will do about your clothes. We left our dry clothes on the tour bus and changed afterwards.

We did the cave tubing and I wore a tank top and running shorts over my suit, but regretted it. If I did it again I'd just wear my suit. However, with cave tubing you return to the same place and can put on dry clothes. However, if you are going to be exploring a ruin after tubing, maybe you'd need some kind of clothing besides your swim suit. Maybe you can find out from the tour company?

I also wore my tevas and they worked great for me. Our tour company also offered the enclosed type water shoe for rent for $3. Most people wore some kind of water shoe or old tennies. I'm not sure how much walking you'll do on your tour, but I wouldn't wear flip-flops.

Archived