carnival SCUBA excursions

gtalum

I'm getting SCUBA certified for my next cruise in June. My question is regarding Carnival's SCUBA excursions, and what equipment is included. Do they equip you head to toe (and what quality is the equipment), or do you need to bring any equipment of your own?

I have fins, mask, snorkel, booties, and weight belt, all of which were required for my SCUBA lessons. I'm not sure I want to drag it all on the cruise, but if it's better to do so (or at leats some of it) I will.

I'm getting SCUBA certified for my next cruise in June. My question is regarding Carnival's SCUBA excursions, and what equipment is included. Do they equip you head to toe (and what quality is the equipment), or do you need to bring any equipment of your own?

I have fins, mask, snorkel, booties, and weight belt, all of which were required for my SCUBA lessons. I'm not sure I want to drag it all on the cruise, but if it's better to do so (or at leats some of it) I will.

Well, their BCDs, regulators and weight belts are OK...not top of the line, but not bad either. I would say that you should bring mask, booties and fins since you know those already fit you. Man, it is a pain trying to dive with equipment that does not fit just right. I know it is a pain to carry the fins, but it makes the dive better for me since I am used to my own equipment.

You can usually book the excursions with (obviously includes everything) or without equipment (only weights and tanks provided). The price difference is about $20. So most choose to book with full equipment.

Like the poster above, their equipment is Ok. I usually take everything but weights and tank. I didn't even use rental gear when getting certified. Just a personal thing but regulators are my life line and I want to be sure I have a good one. Also, I don't wear weight belts, my BC is integrated so I'm not comfortable with belts. Since you live in Florida it doesn't seem like you would have that much trouble bringing your ouw personal gear. So, the answer is yes I would take any gear of my own (not weights) that I could.

Archived