Blue Moon

Linda VH

I think you will find that it is one of the R class vessels currently being operated by Pulmantours of Spain, and soon to be in the Celebrity fleet, along with one sister.

Three of her sisters are in the Oceania fleet, and three in the Princess fleet.

The 8 ships were originally built for and operated by the now defunct Renaissance Cruise Lines.

I often wonder if the Spanish cruise public feel shafted, losing the two youngest ships in their fleet, to be replaced by an ageing, albeit larger ship, that Celebrity wanted to unload.

Yes we are not particularly amussed. Pullmantur fleet (now under Royal Caribbean ownership) will be shaped. The two former Blue (Moon and Dream) will be replaced by Zenith and other to come (I bet on the Legend or Grandeur), but since then the old Mona Lisa (as Oceanic II).

I love classics, but people think that Royal Caribbean has found a right dumping site for their waste. We have also lost Iberojet (now under Carnival Group), and we also think that Grand Mistral and Grand Voyager will be replaced by Holiday (confirmed) and other thing like probably Costa Europa.

Spanish cruiser are not expert and still value new vessels more than nostalgic classics. I don´t personaly find anything concerning having only good old historical ships.

Archived