Underwater BOB/BOSS experience?

kiffrig

Got a question..can anyone help me? I've been researching excursions for our upcoming Liberty cruise and had found something called the "Underwater BOB Experience" several months back. It's a motorized scooter that you ride UNDER water and it has an astronaut looking helmet that you wear to supply your oxygen while you look at the fish. For several months this excursion has been gone from the Carnival page, but today, I found it (thankfully!) and it's been renamed as the BOSS experience. I'm dying to do this excursion in St. Thomas. Has anyone done this? Is it worth the money? And why did they remove it for several months only to re-post it under a new name? Any ideas? Thanks everyone!

My son and I did this excursion a couple of years ago in St. Thomas. We loved it. You don't wear a helmet as you stated. The "bubble" is attached to the scooter and to get into it you will need to dunk your head under the rim and then come up into the "bubble". It was great fun. It was a little hard to control the scooter and they did not go very fast at all. You could swim faster...... We had a blast!!!

Awesome! Thanks dcourt! I have been stressing over this excursion ever since I saw it had been removed. I'm glad to see it back on the web-page today! Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it! I am so excited to try this out!

Got a question..can anyone help me? I've been researching excursions for our upcoming Liberty cruise and had found something called the "Underwater BOB Experience" several months back. It's a motorized scooter that you ride UNDER water and it has an astronaut looking helmet that you wear to supply your oxygen while you look at the fish. For several months this excursion has been gone from the Carnival page, but today, I found it (thankfully!) and it's been renamed as the BOSS experience. I'm dying to do this excursion in St. Thomas. Has anyone done this? Is it worth the money? And why did they remove it for several months only to re-post it under a new name? Any ideas? Thanks everyone!

I just did this excursion earlier this month. It was fun. I did have a little trouble going as deep as others, I could not get my ears to pop. There were a lot of fish, and they took you over a sunken boat. Like dcourt said, they did go pretty slow and the controls were slow also, but it was still a good time. The crew on the boat are a load of fun. They really add to the experience. If you want I can email you some pics of what the apparatus looks like out of water. I did not develop our underwater shots yet :)

My son and I did this in St Thomas back in 05, it was a blast. Although it was pricey, it was worth the money. While waiting your turn to ride the scooter, you can snorkle off the boat so it was kind of like getting 2 excursions.

We did it while on the Liberty a year ago. We didn't go to a sunken ship so maybe that would be better. There were not much fish were we went. We felt we did not get enought time for the $$ spent. Also, one group went twice instead of giving each of us more time. Felt a lot of time wasted sitting on the boat or snorkling, but there wasn't much to see. Went to St. Thomas this past Feb. again and this time got to see some of the island, shop and go to a beach. Much better as The Boss excursion took up most of our time. Glad we did it, but wouldn't do it again.

Archived