Is this good news for us?

mirrajay

We booked an IS guarentee on the Carnival Victory, and I just noticed today that 4a and 4b seem to have sold out on our October cruise...Does that work in our favour as far as getting an upgrade past 4a (which would be the lowest we could get with our guarentee) or does it make no difference at all?

Thanks!

Carey

There is no telling with the upgrade Gods. It just means that they're taking no new reservations at those levels. But they could bump someone up from that category to a higher category and still put you there.

BTW, we prefer lower levels because of less motion on the ship. Unless I got upgraded from a 4 (inside) to a 6 (outside) it wouldn't make much difference to me. Going from an A to a B to a C just puts you on a higher deck. Less walking, but not much else to its advantage.

Let us know where you wind up when you get your docs.:)

It may or may not work for you. Check to see if the ones above that are full. Remember your Gty room is one of the ones that are sold out. If the ones above are not sold out then there is a better chance, they will move you upand resale yours at a lower rate :) . But if all rooms are sold out, too bad so sad :( .

The room catagories above 4b are not sold out, which is what caused me to get remotely excited in the first place. But as everyone says "there is no rhyme or reason for why you get upgraded", so I guess I should just stop even wondering about it and wait until I get there to find out :)

And I agree with your Orcrone, I dont really even want to be upgraded unless it is to an oceanview since the motion is less the lower you go. I certainly wont be dissapointed if I end up with a 4a cabin - that is after all, what I paid for.

I will certainly try the number code deciphering trick when I get my docs (hopefully in about 4 weeks!) and see if that works :)

Archived