guarantee question

super_grover

When I go to the online forms for my cruise I can't figure out what catagory of guarantee I have, beside cabin it just says GUAR..which I assume means guarantee.

I guess this means what we end up in will be a total suprise?

You purchased a guarantee for a certain minimum cabin category. What does the Confirmation say that you should have received when you booked? Talk with your TA or with a HAL rep if you booked through HAL. You will get that category or higher when your cabin is assigned, probably closer to your sailing time.

Your post sounded to me like you did not know what Category Guarantee you had booked, but you may mean that you just don't know the exact cabin you have been given. Talk with your TA if you still have questions.

When you book a guarantee, you are minimally guaranteed a cabin in the catagory you booked. You may or may not get an upgrade.

You may learn of the specific cabin number assigned to you, anytime up to the point of embarking.

Is the suspense killing you? :)

My dad did the booking online and for some reason doesn't understand my insatiable need for information. I only managed to get the booking number out of him by taking on the task of booking the excursions on my credit card.

Honestly people, the review of this whole thing is going to be hilarious.

My dad did the booking online and for some reason doesn't understand my insatiable need for information. I only managed to get the booking number out of him by taking on the task of booking the excursions on my credit card.

Honestly people, the review of this whole thing is going to be hilarious.

Too funny! Unless you can squeeze the guarantee catagory out of him, then yes, it could be a total surprise. Actually at some point near your departure date, an actual cabin number may appear. You just have to keep checking.

OK....the fact that you're attempting the 10 days with Mom already has me looking forward to the review!!!:D I'm taking mine for 7 days to Alaska and look forward to "comparing" the trips! GOOD LUCK!:p

Super-Grover, don't feel too bad, I booked an inside guarantee. Since I'm sailing solo, the rate was too good to pass on.

Since I have e-documents, no cabin was listed. I'm checking everyday but no cabin.

I guess that when I arrive and pick up my luggage tags, the porters can tell me what room I'm in.

When I've book a guarantee with HAL in the past, I always received by room number within 30 days of sailing. I'm not looking for an upgrade, but my TA booked me with an inside guarantee that's a quad room (with sofa bed and pull out). I guess her logic is that they would move me to another room since I'm solo and use the room for a family or small group.

Frankly, I just want to be on the ship and really don't care for an upgrade (I like inside cabins equally as outside cabins). I take one, but since I'm sailing alone, any cabin is big enough for me.

I see you in two weeks!!

Happy sailing!!

If you fill out the information for the preferred boarding pass and print out the pass it should have your name, stateroom: GUAR, and then the category.
My Express Boarding Pass for the 4/19 Veendam doesn't show the category, just the GUAR after stateroom.

Archived